Honored Contributor

Image result for blue dansko sandals for women

I tried this Dansko sandal on after work and it's softer than soft!  I won't even have to put my stretchers in it and that almost never happens!!!Smiley Happy

(Danae Heel 3 1/2 in, platform 1/12 in.)

Trusted Contributor

Those are cute!  I'm assuming you have bunions...have you ever had any surgery?  I need to and keep putting it off!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Those are cute!  I'm assuming you have bunions...have you ever had any surgery?  I need to and keep putting it off!

@Phantom41I have one on my right foot which I got teaching in heels.  Pointed toes are to blame.  They're tighter in the area where bunions develop to hold on to your foot.  I have the foot that is build to develop a bunion, many people don't.

I got a professional bunion stretchers and shoe stretchers (for when I need more) from Colonial Medical Appliances. (Theirs don't fall apart when you tighten them.).

I don't have pain.  The worst is in the winter when I can't have perforated leather.  Everything is on a stretcher.

Surgery will be when I have pain.  Just go ahead and get it done if you live in a cold area.  Dealing with it in deep winter is definately NOT what I ever plan to do.

Are you in pain?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG How do your toes look in Those shoes though...is the opening wide enough or do the toes get all jumbled together as they peek out?

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@ECBG How do your toes look in Those shoes though...is the opening wide enough or do the toes get all jumbled together as they peek out?

@dexThey're fine.  Extremely comfortable, not only because of the molded sole, but the leather is perforated.  Ahhhhhhhhh.....Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG@I love the shoes but I don't know if my toes are too big or what the deal is but they get jumbled or crossed at the peak a boo openings...ends up looking strange so I like the toe closed.

I will look forward to seeing a picture of you wearing them on the what are you wearing today thread.Those shoes look really stylish.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@ECBG@I love the shoes but I don't know if my toes are too big or what the deal is but they get jumbled or crossed at the peak a boo openings...ends up looking strange so I like the toe closed.

I will look forward to seeing a picture of you wearing them on the what are you wearing today thread.Those shoes look really stylish.

@dex,I'm one of those with a longer second toe.  It's said we "rule our house", LOL!!!

I'll see if I have any pics of a shoe top with the same shape of top.  It's a good mid season shoe when strappy sandals are too bare.  Also comes in black.

Respected Contributor

Have never had surgerry, but two of my friends and one co-worker have with little success.  All would not have had sugery.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Have never had surgerry, but two of my friends and one co-worker have with little success.  All would not have had sugery.

I don't have the bunion problem but have a friend who had the surgery. She said it's not helpful and very painful. Wouldn't do it again.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@ECBG  When I saw "Bunion" I thought of this doctor.  He operated on a friend of mine and she did not need any pain medication at all.  He uses a certain technique when cutting that he learned in Europe.  He was training resident doctors under him at the University of Chicago hospitals.  I had this doctor operate on my foot (not bunion) and I was told I would not have pain and I was afraid I would.  I was given a prescription for Tynenol #3 and I did not need to take it.  This was years ago but you think when someone cuts into you, you oul experience pain but not with this doctor and his cutting technique.  I just had to share.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength