Trusted Contributor

I only ordered 1 pair of "as is" sandals here. They were perfect. I have bought and returned a couple pair, but literally, I unwrap, try on and pack back up. I don't even need 2 days to decide. I either like it or I don't. They either fit or they don't. Same with clothes - I have bought as is many times, but if it's damaged or defective, upon receipt, I call customer service and let them know. I have never had to pay S&H on a defective item.

I appreciate the Q offering "as is". Even when you purchase "new" in a store, it may have been tried on ... I certainly don't expect to receive worn out shoes or ripped clothing and have to pay for it. Disclaimer or not.

P.S. whoever gets my returns are really lucky ...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "AS IS" SHOES

[ Edited ]

I've had better luck with 'as is' shoes than anything else 'as is'! I jsut bought 'as is' Mark Fisher boots and they were 100%  new. The original packaging and stuffiing- everything!!! I looked them over very carefully and there wasn't even a minor scuff on them. Saved a bunch Woman Happy plus it  was free shipping day too!

Honored Contributor

Re: "AS IS" SHOES

[ Edited ]

I was in a nice department store this morning.  I saw they had a big clearance sale on shoes and a table full of shoes.  I thought I might browse and see if there was anything that interested me. 

As I approached the table, I could smell that smell (you know the smell) that shoes have after they have been worn.  It's a smell of "feet."  I could not bring myself to even pick up a single pair.   

In another area of the shoe department, I saw some cute Nanette slides on sale but not clearance.  I told her the sizes I wanted to try.  She pulled them for me.  The boxes, having never been opened, had to be pried open where they were "sealed."  They were narrow little slides.  I had nylons on because I had been to a service where ladies were nylons and heels. I tried one pair.  The first pair looked and felt fine so I never tried the other size, never opened the box. 

I was thinking, on my way home, what makes people do that to others.  Obviously some of those shoes on that table had been worn more than for the "try-on" time.   What makes people do that and what did their mothers teach them or what did they learn in school from their teachers or did their teachers tell them it was okay to rip off the man by doing things like this. 

I don't know but I don't like it.