Trusted Contributor

Re: new holiday bags anyone...?

On 12/22/2014 kathoderay said:
On 12/22/2014 NiteStar said:
On 12/20/2014 stevieb said:

Anyone breaking in a beautiful new bag for holiday week... or hoping for a new and special one under the tree?

I've been sitting on a pretty Isabella Fiore leather and tapestry satchel with brick red as the predominate color and will be using it this week... I don't have a picture handy, but am trying to find one... Otherwise, I've laid in a supply of new bags in the 'from me - to me' gift giving category the hosts keep crowing about...

I nabbed an (as-is) Issac satchel in dark green (would love to have the red one too)...

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Bridgehampton Leather Satchel

And also nabbed a Lauren medium Saffiano tote in navy

,Image result for lauren saffiano tote navy

Along with a Valentina (no, not Valentino) satchel in sumptuous glossy black leather with cognac trim...

There were a few other holiday treats along the way, but this will do for starters...

Anybody else?

Happiest of Holidays to all the bag ladies!

I have always loved the look of that top bag (the green one), but won't purchase a bag that has to have a separate shoulder strap. I don't want a crossbody strap and/or a set of handles and an extra strap. I just want one set of "flat" (don't want a handbag with "rolled" handles) handles that fit on the shoulder comfortably. So I'm still looking for my "perfect" handbag. If that bag had just one set of handles that were long enough to wear over your shoulder..........I think that could have been the one. :-(

I believe it's a myth - I've been looking 40 years!

Lovely thread stevieB, enjoyed reading it!

kathoderay............you might be right!

Trusted Contributor

On 12/22/2014 stevieb said:

I have always loved the look of that top bag (the green one), but won't purchase a bag that has to have a separate shoulder strap. I don't want a crossbody strap and/or a set of handles and an extra strap. I just want one set of "flat" (don't want a handbag with "rolled" handles) handles that fit on the shoulder comfortably. So I'm still looking for my "perfect" handbag. If that bag had just one set of handles that were long enough to wear over your shoulder..........I think that could have been the one. :-(

You're not alone... My mother only likes shoulder bags... Personally, I love satchels and while I don't often use a shoulder strap, do like the option. I once gave my mother a gorgeous Coach satchel with both handles and shoulder strap. I had to say a prayer for her than she knew not what she had done, when she showed me how she'd cut the handles off... I thought I would cry... I'd have rather simply returned the bag (or kept it myself) and found her something she liked better! Good luck finding your perfect bag. Issac offers lots of hobos with just the shoulder strap and maybe some of them have of a semi-satchel shape and come in that evergreen option...

Oh wow stevieb....that would make anybody cry!

Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 kathoderay said:
On 12/20/2014 stevieb said:

Anyone breaking in a beautiful new bag for holiday week... or hoping for a new and special one under the tree?

I've been sitting on a pretty Isabella Fiore leather and tapestry satchel with brick red as the predominate color and will be using it this week... I don't have a picture handy, but am trying to find one... Otherwise, I've laid in a supply of new bags in the 'from me - to me' gift giving category the hosts keep crowing about...

I nabbed an (as-is) Issac satchel in dark green (would love to have the red one too)...

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Bridgehampton Leather Satchel

And also nabbed a Lauren medium Saffiano tote in navy

,Image result for lauren saffiano tote navy

Along with a Valentina (no, not Valentino) satchel in sumptuous glossy black leather with cognac trim...

There were a few other holiday treats along the way, but this will do for starters...

Anybody else?

Happiest of Holidays to all the bag ladies!

I believe it's a myth - I've been looking 40 years!

Lovely thread stevieB, enjoyed reading it!

Thanks Katho... It's been a fun thread and pleasantly, one largely without contention! Have to agree with you on the myth of the perfect bag. Every time I think I've got it, it turns out to be not quite perfect...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Funny, (well sort of) story... This one goes back a while... Although I can no longer remember the bag... I once thought I'd found the absolutely perfect bag... Bought it, 'saved' it, started using it, then switched out of it and put it in the drawer of a dresser that was delivered damaged and slated to be returned, reminding myself to remember to remove it (and heaven knows what else) before the delivery people showed up... Well, they showed up unexpectedly and in my haste, I left the bag in the dresser. I called them later, but they claimed not to have found anything... Took me months to stop kicking myself over that one and still when I think about it I get both misty eyed and quite perturbed that they did as they did...

Of course, had I been smarter and not lost the one that got away... I'd have probably found some flaw with it by now...

Wink

Fast forward to about two years back and I saw the perfect (well, theoretically) burnt orange satchel while shopping. Grabbed it and held onto it as I shopped around... Then, is a momentary fit of virtue (and lapse of sanity) decided I didn't need another bag (though I'd been looking for JUST such a bag) so put it back... I went back for weeks looking for it, but never saw another like it... Of course, since then, I've added quite a few bags I 'don't need' and will forever chastise myself for my moment of false virtue!

Smile

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 stevieb said:

You're not alone... My mother only likes shoulder bags... Personally, I love satchels and while I don't often use a shoulder strap, do like the option. I once gave my mother a gorgeous Coach satchel with both handles and shoulder strap. I had to say a prayer for her than she knew not what she had done, when she showed me how she'd cut the handles off... I thought I would cry... I'd have rather simply returned the bag (or kept it myself) and found her something she liked better! Good luck finding your perfect bag. Issac offers lots of hobos with just the shoulder strap and maybe some of them have of a semi-satchel shape and come in that evergreen option...

Oh wow stevieb....that would make anybody cry!

I absolutely couldn't believe it... Since then, it's been mostly 'fashion' bags for mom. She seems to prefer them anyway, to heavy leathers.

Super Contributor

Fast forward to about two years back and I saw the perfect (well, theoretically) burnt orange satchel while shopping. Grabbed it and held onto it as I shopped around... Then, is a momentary fit of virtue (and lapse of sanity) decided I didn't need another bag (though I'd been looking for JUST such a bag) so put it back... I went back for weeks looking for it, but never saw another like it... Of course, since then, I've added quite a few bags I 'don't need' and will forever chastise myself for my moment of false virtue!

When you see the "one" you have to get it then and there! The others will just be there to fill the void!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

Cosmic1, I grabbed the gray Joy/Iman bag at midnight. I love that style and was looking for a gray.

Then I started reading back reviews and got a little bummed.

I just opened the box this afternoon, and I gave this thing a 'look-over' down to every square inch.

My bag is made just fine, for the price. It was 79 bucks, I do not expect 300.00 leather or high-end quality. I was lucky to get a perfect bag.

The gray has a tiny bit of tinge to it that gives it an odd gray/green hue to it, but I need to see if looks like that in outside daylight.

What I am having a problem with is now my mind is tarnished from the hundreds of reviews of this bag, going back to the first launch of it. I cannot tell if they fixed the quality issues, the ones that don't show up for a while...like the zipper breaking, the lining pulling off at the side, the lining seams fraying because it was sewn too close to the edge of the fabric, etc.

My thrill of the find has turned to worry {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 Jova said:

When you see the "one" you have to get it then and there! The others will just be there to fill the void!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

But the problem is they don't (fill the void)! I still think about that blasted orange satchel! Dang, the perfect color, the perfect 'classic' satchel style, a good price... I really blew it on that one!

Wink

Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said:
On 12/20/2014 rdiazMiami said:

I can't figure out how to post pictures from my Mac, it never works, but.... I bought myself a Coach Smythe satchel in Loganberry- a really pretty pink color. I haven't taken the tags off of it yet though.

Is this it?

gorgeous bag!

Thanks! That's the bag- different color. I really like that color also, but I bought the deeper pink color.

Love this shape!! (I'm a satchel girl!) Reminds me of a Kelsi Dagger bag (or two) I have. Beautiful!!

Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 12/20/2014 rdiazMiami said:

I can't figure out how to post pictures from my Mac, it never works, but.... I bought myself a Coach Smythe satchel in Loganberry- a really pretty pink color. I haven't taken the tags off of it yet though.

Is this it?

gorgeous bag!

Thanks! That's the bag- different color. I really like that color also, but I bought the deeper pink color.

Love this shape!! (I'm a satchel girl!) Reminds me of a Kelsi Dagger bag (or two) I have. Beautiful!!

FM, My Habit still has the Kelsi bag in blush for under a hundred...

{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Super Contributor

My Claremont Perry Satchel will be delivered tomorrow. I was shocked when I got the UPS notification this evening. It has been on backorder ever since it has been shown. If it's a keeper, I will order the wallet.