Honored Contributor

Re: new holiday bags anyone...?

On 12/20/2014 TY said:

I have a Soprano handbag from TSC that is my Christmas gift, I picked it out and let my husband know that it's from him. As he doesn't like shopping as much as I do and he would have no idea of what handbag I want, that suited him just fine. It's sold out now as the bag was on sale. I put it in a gift bag and won't open it until Christmas!

Always a smart way to go! Enjoy your new bag once you 'open' your gift!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 equss said:

Gorgeous bags everyone!

I picked up this Kate Spade and couldn't be happier with the quality(I don't say that very often!). The leather is so nice.

Loving the quilted!

Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

I'm waiting for the arrival of a Dooney grey Santorini small satchel. And on the day after Christmas I'm going handbag sale shopping!

Pretty bag, LJ, and were I in the market for more Dooney, I still find that grey croco very pretty, but alas, I'm not, so it'll have to be someone else's treasure... Enjoy the after Christmas sales... I'm planning to skip them. I have no idea where I'd even put another bag right now... Preparing for Christmas really brought it home to me. as there was just so much 'stuff' I had to stash to make the house presentable, and a significant amount of it was bags!

Honored Contributor

On 12/21/2014 funwun said: I know Santa is bringing me a Rebecca Minkoff Saffiano MAB Tote lol!! I love this bag and can't wait to take it out!! Stevie, thanks for sharing your new, beautiful bags!!Smiley Happy)

Hey fun, enjoy your new Minkoff, always a stellar choice! I saw a bag from her just last week I'd love to have (the Jules satchel)... but it'll definitely have to wait, possible for an eternity!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Product Details

Trusted Contributor

All Day Crossbody<br>Ember MelbourneHi Cindy--Oh, my--this one has me swooning, and nobody does faux croc like Brahmin!

Honored Contributor

My new Tessuta Woven Shopper in Multi is a work of art and has become my all-time favorite Dooney bag. I have never watched DD or know much about it other than the bad buzz in the news. I seriously doubt that there is an underlying message or endorsement for anything related to DD by this product association. My guess is that Dooney thought the camo “duck” bags – with the duck being a longtime Dooney image – would be popular with the DD fans and others who like the ducks and/or the camo fashions. It’s a new market for Dooney, and if the DD fans like the camo duck bags, they might buy other Dooneys in the future. I see it as a marketing ploy to enter into a new market, sell bags and create buzz, which it obviously has on this forum. Given the product development time, it’s uncertain as to if production began before or after the very inappropriate comments were uttered regarding topics sensitive to many of us, including myself. I hope some who were upset reconsider and use the nice Dooneys that you own and that we all talk with each other about. Regarding buying more Dooneys in the future, that’s up to everyone to decide for various reasons, including expense and closet space! However, if you aren’t going to buy them anymore, I don’t think it’s good to reference that point with every post regarding Dooneys. There are some of us here who have several Dooneys we love and a good many new ones that just arrived, and we are happy for them. I do hope to continue to “talk” with my handbag friend posters about Dooneys; I will especially miss certain ones if they totally opt out of the Dooney market. I do hope some reconsideration and thought is undertaken. All opinions and responses are welcome, as always…EEL

Contributor

Just got a new D&B from my BF and a matching wallet.Love the smell of new leather.

Honored Contributor

On 12/21/2014 EdithEllenLily said:

My new Tessuta Woven Shopper in Multi is a work of art and has become my all-time favorite Dooney bag. I have never watched DD or know much about it other than the bad buzz in the news. I seriously doubt that there is an underlying message or endorsement for anything related to DD by this product association. My guess is that Dooney thought the camo “duck” bags – with the duck being a longtime Dooney image – would be popular with the DD fans and others who like the ducks and/or the camo fashions. It’s a new market for Dooney, and if the DD fans like the camo duck bags, they might buy other Dooneys in the future. I see it as a marketing ploy to enter into a new market, sell bags and create buzz, which it obviously has on this forum. Given the product development time, it’s uncertain as to if production began before or after the very inappropriate comments were uttered regarding topics sensitive to many of us, including myself. I hope some who were upset reconsider and use the nice Dooneys that you own and that we all talk with each other about. Regarding buying more Dooneys in the future, that’s up to everyone to decide for various reasons, including expense and closet space! However, if you aren’t going to buy them anymore, I don’t think it’s good to reference that point with every post regarding Dooneys. There are some of us here who have several Dooneys we love and a good many new ones that just arrived, and we are happy for them. I do hope to continue to “talk” with my handbag friend posters about Dooneys; I will especially miss certain ones if they totally opt out of the Dooney market. I do hope some reconsideration and thought is undertaken. All opinions and responses are welcome, as always…EEL

She surfaces! Back away from the vats of flour did you...?

Hi EEL, glad your Tessuta is to your liking. Enjoy it and the holidays!

As for the remainder of your post, to be very candid, I'm opting not to address it at great length right now. After all the angst engendered by that other thread, I'd intended and hoped this could be and remain a pleasant, light hearted thread focused on new bags, of all types and brands, for the holidays...

Dooney makes some beautiful bags, but as my preference for other brands has increased, it's been slipping lower on my list for some time now anyway... I've been saying for some time there aren't many Dooneys on my radar, so any choice I make to buy or not to buy isn't entirely recent, but no, I don't intend to make my current thinking that I won't be expanding my collection my personal mantra...

Again, fond wishes for a joyous holiday season...

Wink

Honored Contributor

I just went to a holiday party held by a local couple who own a jewelry and gift shop... They were serving some fabulous edibles and champagne... Oh boy, I really shouldn't have... Before I left, I'd managed to lay-away a beautiful cream leather Rioni tote trimmed in black... I know most of their bags are 'signature' coated, but they also make beautiful leather bags... I also snagged a gorgeous taupe hobo in the most sumptuous leather I've seen lately. The brand, which I can't even remember, represents a small group who make their bags by hand... I can't tell you how beautiful that bag is and while it was pricey, given the quality of the leather and the fact that it was hand made, it was worth it! We won't even get into the jewelry I laid away... And THIS is why I don't allow myself more than two glasses of champagne... That third one did the trick!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 beckyblu said:

I would also love a new Brahmin in the new Ember Melbourne color. It looks soo gorgeous. I have also been stalking the Dooney large Croco Fino in either red or Cognac. That bag looks so pretty to me.

Beckyblu

Brahmin makes beautiful bags... I don't think anyone does hornback quite like them. And I agree, the crocofino is gorgeous. I'm not a big fan of the locks Dooney is using, but that large satchel (in grey and Bordeaux, for me) was quite tempting...

Wink