Respected Contributor

Re: new holiday bags anyone...?

On 12/21/2014 stevieb said:

I just went to a holiday party held by a local couple who own a jewelry and gift shop... They were serving some fabulous edibles and champagne... Oh boy, I really shouldn't have... Before I left, I'd managed to lay-away a beautiful cream leather Rioni tote trimmed in black... I know most of their bags are 'signature' coated, but they also make beautiful leather bags... I also snagged a gorgeous taupe hobo in the most sumptuous leather I've seen lately. The brand, which I can't even remember, represents a small group who make their bags by hand... I can't tell you how beautiful that bag is and while it was pricey, given the quality of the leather and the fact that it was hand made, it was worth it! We won't even get into the jewelry I laid away... And THIS is why I don't allow myself more than two glasses of champagne... That third one did the trick!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Haha! Sounds like fun! Please post photos!
Honored Contributor

On 12/21/2014 skyblue said:

I just went to a holiday party held by a local couple who own a jewelry and gift shop... They were serving some fabulous edibles and champagne... Oh boy, I really shouldn't have... Before I left, I'd managed to lay-away a beautiful cream leather Rioni tote trimmed in black... I know most of their bags are 'signature' coated, but they also make beautiful leather bags... I also snagged a gorgeous taupe hobo in the most sumptuous leather I've seen lately. The brand, which I can't even remember, represents a small group who make their bags by hand... I can't tell you how beautiful that bag is and while it was pricey, given the quality of the leather and the fact that it was hand made, it was worth it! We won't even get into the jewelry I laid away... And THIS is why I don't allow myself more than two glasses of champagne... That third one did the trick!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Today, in the clear, grey light of day, I CANNOT believe I did that! Here, I'm supposed to be on a purse buying hiatus and, well, for heaven's sake... If I don't cancel the champagne induced layaways (which isn't likely, because they are gorgeous...) I'll try to post pictures whenever I can actually pay them off and get them home! Although this isn't the precise bag, here is an example of the Rioni 'virtue' line from their site... It's definitely worth checking out, as they offer a number of lines aside from their coated signature line and some of them are stunners... Their lines of yellow and red bags, particularly caught my eye, but they also have some gorgeous cream, blue and black options, along with several incarnations of their signature bags.

Casual Carrier - VR-082

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

LOL! Enjoy them all!

I should have ordered the D&B wallet that was on clearance yesterday.

Super Contributor

On 12/22/2014 stevieb said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Today, in the clear, grey light of day, I CANNOT believe I did that! Here, I'm supposed to be on a purse buying hiatus and, well, for heaven's sake... If I don't cancel the champagne induced layaways (which isn't likely, because they are gorgeous...) I'll try to post pictures whenever I can actually pay them off and get them home! Although this isn't the precise bag, here is an example of the Rioni 'virtue' line from their site... It's definitely worth checking out, as they offer a number of lines aside from their coated signature line and some of them are stunners... Their lines of yellow and red bags, particularly caught my eye, but they also have some gorgeous cream, blue and black options, along with several incarnations of their signature bags.

Casual Carrier - VR-082

That is one gorgeous bag! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Shopping and champagne... sounds like a lovely way to spend a Sunday evening. Should you decide not to cancel your champagne induced layaways ({#emotions_dlg.lol}), I hope you enjoy your newly acquired treasures in the best of health.

Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 rdiazMiami said:
On 12/22/2014 stevieb said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Casual Carrier - VR-082

That is one gorgeous bag! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Shopping and champagne... sounds like a lovely way to spend a Sunday evening. Should you decide not to cancel your champagne induced layaways ({#emotions_dlg.lol}), I hope you enjoy your newly acquired treasures in the best of health.

Hey there RDM! Thanks for the kind wishes! Well, I guess we're down to the wire...

It was actually a pleasant evening. I almost never 'imbibe' so it was nice for me too, because it helped me to wind down from the cleaning and decorating and such...

When I left, I did my last minute grocery shopping, since a Safeway is in the same shopping center, and it was nice to have that done too! I needed some flowers, as the Poinsettias I'd bought earlier in the season are looking the worse for wear, and was pleased to see substantial bunches of tulips on sale for two bucks a bunch! They must've overbought...

Anyway, about the bag and jewelry shopping... They opened their very nice shop by invitation, though anyone who happened past and saw it open was welcome to come in, and they served some very nice foods (salmon, rare tenderloin, caviar dip- which I don't like- gourmet cookies, and so on...) and beverages... They do this several times throughout the year, but the holiday 'open house' is always a cut above and nicely attended.

They sell gorgeous things and I'll tell you, going in there at any time is a feast for the eyes... Sadly, they don't decorate for Christmas, which I was hoping they'd do this year, but still, the merchandise is eye-popping: jewelry, clothing, accessories, decorative objects for the home... It's really quite a unique shop.

They did some serious business last night and all the goodies served clearly paid for themselves (and of course, could be written off)... Anyway, I'd been eyeballing the two bags for some time (there's actually a third I'd like to have, a woven leather hobo in burnt orange, one of my favorite colors, but that one will have to wait... possibly forever...) so finally caved in a big way.

In addition to my little handbag 'problem' I also have a ring problem and a watch problem... Well, fortunately, they don't sell many watches, but they do have stellar jewelry, and lots of it... While I feel a bit foolish about my purchases today, the things I layed away are all things I've been looking at for several years... and will enjoy should the day ever come when they're paid in full!

Happiest of Holidays to you!

Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 Jova said:

LOL! Enjoy them all!

I should have ordered the D&B wallet that was on clearance yesterday.

Hi Jova! Thanks... I do hope to enjoy them... one day!

Hoping you see your wallet at a great price again soon!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 12/21/2014 WhiteRaven said:

Just got a new D&B from my BF and a matching wallet.Love the smell of new leather.

What a lovely gift and a nice choice by BF... Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

On 12/20/2014 stevieb said:

Anyone breaking in a beautiful new bag for holiday week... or hoping for a new and special one under the tree?

I've been sitting on a pretty Isabella Fiore leather and tapestry satchel with brick red as the predominate color and will be using it this week... I don't have a picture handy, but am trying to find one... Otherwise, I've laid in a supply of new bags in the 'from me - to me' gift giving category the hosts keep crowing about...

I nabbed an (as-is) Issac satchel in dark green (would love to have the red one too)...

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Bridgehampton Leather Satchel

And also nabbed a Lauren medium Saffiano tote in navy

,Image result for lauren saffiano tote navy

Along with a Valentina (no, not Valentino) satchel in sumptuous glossy black leather with cognac trim...

There were a few other holiday treats along the way, but this will do for starters...

Anybody else?

Happiest of Holidays to all the bag ladies!

I have always loved the look of that top bag (the green one), but won't purchase a bag that has to have a separate shoulder strap. I don't want a crossbody strap and/or a set of handles and an extra strap. I just want one set of "flat" (don't want a handbag with "rolled" handles) handles that fit on the shoulder comfortably. So I'm still looking for my "perfect" handbag. If that bag had just one set of handles that were long enough to wear over your shoulder..........I think that could have been the one. :-(

Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 NiteStar said:

I have always loved the look of that top bag (the green one), but won't purchase a bag that has to have a separate shoulder strap. I don't want a crossbody strap and/or a set of handles and an extra strap. I just want one set of "flat" (don't want a handbag with "rolled" handles) handles that fit on the shoulder comfortably. So I'm still looking for my "perfect" handbag. If that bag had just one set of handles that were long enough to wear over your shoulder..........I think that could have been the one. :-(

You're not alone... My mother only likes shoulder bags... Personally, I love satchels and while I don't often use a shoulder strap, do like the option. I once gave my mother a gorgeous Coach satchel with both handles and shoulder strap. I had to say a prayer for her than she knew not what she had done, when she showed me how she'd cut the handles off... I thought I would cry... I'd have rather simply returned the bag (or kept it myself) and found her something she liked better! Good luck finding your perfect bag. Issac offers lots of hobos with just the shoulder strap and maybe some of them have of a semi-satchel shape and come in that evergreen option...

Super Contributor

On 12/22/2014 NiteStar said:
On 12/20/2014 stevieb said:

Anyone breaking in a beautiful new bag for holiday week... or hoping for a new and special one under the tree?

I've been sitting on a pretty Isabella Fiore leather and tapestry satchel with brick red as the predominate color and will be using it this week... I don't have a picture handy, but am trying to find one... Otherwise, I've laid in a supply of new bags in the 'from me - to me' gift giving category the hosts keep crowing about...

I nabbed an (as-is) Issac satchel in dark green (would love to have the red one too)...

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Bridgehampton Leather Satchel

And also nabbed a Lauren medium Saffiano tote in navy

,Image result for lauren saffiano tote navy

Along with a Valentina (no, not Valentino) satchel in sumptuous glossy black leather with cognac trim...

There were a few other holiday treats along the way, but this will do for starters...

Anybody else?

Happiest of Holidays to all the bag ladies!

I believe it's a myth - I've been looking 40 years!

Lovely thread stevieB, enjoyed reading it!