Honored Contributor

Re: new holiday bags anyone...?

On 12/20/2014 1Professor said:

Oh, visually loving everyone's new handbags! Sigh.

My LAST week's new Dooney, scored at the Dooney outlet for $135 (listed price on Dooney is $388) is the Toledo Leather Satchel:

Product image is missing!

The blue is SO intense. Toledo leather is buttery soft. My favorite medium-size bag.

I love the Toledo leather. Had wanted to add the mail satchel in another color or two, but will most likely pass those up at this point... What a jolt of color!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 rdiazMiami said:

What lovely bags! Stevieb, thanks for starting this thread.

I've been pretty good lately. I've only made one "to me, from me" bag purchase this month, the D&B Maxi Quilt Medium Satchel (probably my last D&B purchase).

For the last of couple of days, I've been using my orYANY Candice Satchel in Crimson:

Rose Brimardi's photo.

I haven't used this one in a while and forgot how much I like her. Thought the color was great for the holidays.

Smile

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding... Oh RDM, you're breaking my heart with this one... What a special bag and a beautiful, seasonal color!! I want it! Have to check out the quilted Dooney. I keep hearing about it, but don't think I've seen it and am curious to see what it looks like, but THIS, well THIS is special!

{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I have a medium oryany Cassie in a similar color and it's very pretty. I might have to go dig it out, but still, this one is prettier!

Smile

Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 Hi Cindy said:

Stevie B: the wine version was here at the Q on clearance. Aimee Kestenberg. It is more of a raspberry than a deep wine. To me, it is more of a spring/summer bag than a rich wintery shade. I have a "thing" about rich browns this year.

Oh wow, I'm going to have to try to find a shot of the AK bag in wine... For some reason, the whole wine, Bordeaux (and so on) color has sort of taken me by storm this year...

Aimee Kestenberg Christina Crystal Leather Swagger Satchel - A236382

C, thanks so much for posting. I see what you mean about it being more of a raspberry, but still a lovely color... Hey listen, I have a thing about rich browns every year! I love bags in all shapes, sizes and colors, but the bottom line is I do love my neutrals and browns always appeal!

Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 cosmic1 said:
On 12/20/2014 lavenderjunkie said:
On 12/20/2014 cosmic1 said: I bought the joy and Iman bag from hsn in the cognac. It is the domed satchel with the pocket watch accent. I fell in love with the style and how clean it is, so when i was browsing as is items, I found the D&B zip zip satchel and had to have it. I tried to get the black, but it sold out before I could click on it, so I ended up buying the smoke. My future plans include a Brahmin. I have been wanting a Brahmin for a long time. Maybe next year will be the year!

cosmic: how do you like the quality of the Joy and Iman satchel? I saw it presented and it was hard to sit on my hands and not order a few colors. I love that style, like the Dooney zip zip that I have several of.

Lavenderjunkie, I think it is a good bag for the price. Mine does not have any obvious flaws in the leather or the stitching. I have been getting compliments on it. I would change 2 things though. It needs rings to attach the long strap to. I like a crossbbody or shoulder strap I have it attached to the hardware, but it would nicer if there was designated hardware. The other thing is that I would make the inside organizational pocket removable. The one in the middle. I carry a wallet so I don't need that extra piece. I love the bag and the look. I can't stop admiring it. It's the nicest $80 bag I ever bought.

Thanks for the info, cosmic, I too thought it was a good looking satchel, but by the time I realized it was the TS, it no longer was... Besides, the color I wanted was on wait list so I passed.

Brahmin makes beautiful bags, hoping you can add one in the coming year!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 motherinlaw said:

New Brahmin ember Melbourne medium tote. They sold out soon after I ordered mine on the 8th of December....positively gorgeous!

The material is a metallic burgundy with gold hardware. Looks just like the pantone color for 2015. Love it! Smiley Happy

That sounds really lovely... I too am all over the wine tones this year, it seems! Brahmin always makes classic looking bags. Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Soprano handbag from TSC that is my Christmas gift, I picked it out and let my husband know that it's from him. As he doesn't like shopping as much as I do and he would have no idea of what handbag I want, that suited him just fine. It's sold out now as the bag was on sale. I put it in a gift bag and won't open it until Christmas!

Valued Contributor

I would also love a new Brahmin in the new Ember Melbourne color. It looks soo gorgeous. I have also been stalking the Dooney large Croco Fino in either red or Cognac. That bag looks so pretty to me.

Beckyblu

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/20/2014 beckyblu said:

I would also love a new Brahmin in the new Ember Melbourne color. It looks soo gorgeous. I have also been stalking the Dooney large Croco Fino in either red or Cognac. That bag looks so pretty to me.

Beckyblu

Oh wow...the Brahmin looks amazing in the Ember color. I haven't seen that shade yet.

I love the look of the small crossbody. Casual elegance.

Super Contributor

I know Santa is bringing me a Rebecca Minkoff Saffiano MAB Tote lol!! I love this bag and can't wait to take it out!! Stevie, thanks for sharing your new, beautiful bags!!Smiley Happy)
Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 rdiazMiami said:
On 12/20/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said:

I can't figure out how to post pictures from my Mac, it never works, but.... I bought myself a Coach Smythe satchel in Loganberry- a really pretty pink color. I haven't taken the tags off of it yet though.

Is this it?

gorgeous bag!

Really pretty!