Esteemed Contributor

Re: need advice about Jack French London bag

Wow...if you are into the spectator look, this is on super clearance over there at ShopHQ. Jack French.

I haven't bought this brand, but I have purchased many Anushka bags and they have all arrived packaged great and were pristine. I have had no issues with returns either and I have sent some things back.

716-795

95 - Jack French London Smooth & Crocodile Embossed Leather Double Handle Tote Bag w/ Strap

The Saffiano Doctor bag looks sharp also:

97 - Jack French London Saffiano Leather Double Handle Turn & Lock Doctor Bag

Honored Contributor

I'm tempted by another one from this brand myself now that I've looked. The problem as I see it is the shopping channels tend to charge full retail for bags often found for less elsewhere. Then again, at least the one I'm tempted to try is at a clearance price!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

As to color, I'm debating between navy and nude. Navy is more practical but the nude is just so pretty.
Honored Contributor

On 11/2/2014 athenian said: As to color, I'm debating between navy and nude. Navy is more practical but the nude is just so pretty.

So here's the thing... If it was a 'need' that drew you to this bag, then maybe go for the navy, but if this is more of a 'splurge' bag, just because you like it, then why not go for the one you find 'pretty'? Something to think about!

Wink

Honored Contributor

Athenian, so I'm curious to know, did you buy, and if so, what color did you choose!?

Valued Contributor

Hi Stevie B., I ordered the nude ( your good advice helped!). I'm hoping it's not too peachy. I'll update when it arrives and maybe by then I can figure out how to post a photo. Once again thanks everyone for all the great advice.
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, it's going back. It is a really pretty bag, both large and fairly dressy which is a hard combo to find. The nude is a great neutral, not at all peachy. I didn't open it to see the interior because it arrived with flaws. There was a noticeable dirt patch/scrape on one handle and on both sides the folded down handles had left an impression on the leather, sort of a puffed up half circle inside where the handles had lain. I didn't think they would disappear. On the bright side I will be in Williamsburg soon and there's a Dooney outlet!
Honored Contributor

Oh, I'm sorry it didn't work out. I meant to get back to you and ask you to let us all know how it panned out. I've had a grey one from that line in my cart now for days and can't decide whether to go ahead or not... Good luck at the outlet! Also, unless this experience left a nasty taste in your mouth, maybe you'll consider the navy now... Don't blame you, though, if it did. I wonder what retail doesn't get about a lack of effective quality control, inventory management and customer service leaving a bad taste in the mouths of consumers. I'll shake it off to a point, but past that point I just won't go back to the same well...

Valued Contributor

Thanks, Stevie B. I think it might have been a return as it was inside the dust bag and no wrapping on the handles. I'm going to see what damage I do at the outlet. If I don't find much the navy may be coming to my house. By the way customer service was very nice. Please let us know your review if you get a Jack French.
Honored Contributor

On 11/7/2014 athenian said: Thanks, Stevie B. I think it might have been a return as it was inside the dust bag and no wrapping on the handles. I'm going to see what damage I do at the outlet. If I don't find much the navy may be coming to my house. By the way customer service was very nice. Please let us know your review if you get a Jack French.

Will do... and again, good luck at the outlet!