Valued Contributor

need advice about Jack French London bag

I've never owned one of these bags but am seriously tempted by this one: http://www.shophq.com/jack-french-london-leather-double-handle-zip-top-shopper-handbag-w-shoulder-st... (Sorry I can't paste image). I'm always tempted by this style, but a little worried about purple velour lining. Will it cling to my wallet? Thanks for any advice you can give.
Regular Contributor

Re: need advice about Jack French London bag

It's a cute bag. You do have until Jan. 31 to return it. Time to buy it, try it and return if you don't like it.

Respected Contributor

I don't own any handbags from this line so my suggestion is to read the reviews on all the handbags, all the styles, from this line. I would focus more on the external quality of the leather and straps. I've had handbags with velour linings (some higher end early BMak) and there was never a problem with those linings.

The bag is beautiful and looks well made. I would take a chance on it. Good luck and let us know.

Honored Contributor

That is a very lovely bag at an extremely good price! I'd be tempted too. It has a polyester lining probably similar to Louis Vuitton's faux suede Alcantara lining or even like Brahmin's interior, which is also a faux suede, both beautiful linings that do not "stick" to items that are inside it. I'd say... if you love it... go for it! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

/handbag enabler

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Frequent Contributor

LOVE this bag. I like it just a little bit bigger. The Calin Klein tote is similar. I love the handle drop on the one you posted. http://www.shophq.com/offer/default.aspx?offercode=714-738&icid=InternalSearch_Product_714-738_calv... I bought the CK one, but the handle drop was too long and I didn't care for that. Otherwise, this bag is GORGEOUS in person.

Honored Contributor

I'm not familiar with the line, but it's a nice looking bag and it appears the reviews have been good, if I'm looking at the right one. Might be worth giving it a try! Good luck.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

Thanks to all of you for your help. I think this bag will be coming home to my closet!
Regular Contributor

On 11/2/2014 athenian said: Thanks to all of you for your help. I think this bag will be coming home to my closet!

Good Smiley Happy I don't think you'll be sorry.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/2/2014 athenian said: Thanks to all of you for your help. I think this bag will be coming home to my closet!

Which color are you getting? That mint is calling my name...