Super Contributor

Re: looking for a crossbody for traveling

I have two crossbody hobos by Baggallini that I love. They are so lightweight and roomy. Great quality, too. Try bagsbuy dot com.

Contributor

Thanks for all of the suggestions that I received. I am not traveling until the end of may. So that gives me time to look.

Respected Contributor

On 4/12/2014 Susan Louise said:

If you are open-minded about price, I can suggest a nice D&B for you *ON CLEARANCE* that even has a great hidden slot for a e-reader, I-Pad, etc. Currently it is also on EASY PAY too!

There are only a few left. It is a GREAT mid-sized bag, with a top zip for security, a large gusseted outside pocket, a few inside, it's crossbody...adjustable with handles too. The only color left is the one I have in caramel...so a wonderful neutral that will go with everything...

Lastly, it will last you years and it makes a great all around bag even when not traveling!!! There have been some reviews that say it's heavy...I disagree and half the time I carry a MEGA sized wallet since I have so many store rewards cards for this, that and the other, huge Joan Rivers sunglasses, some make-up, reading glasses, keys, cell phone and still have room for a few more things like tissues, etc. I don't have a Kindle yet...maybe by Christmastime. However, I do put paperback books in that hidden pocket right now and it works great...keeps the book out of the way when trying to grab for other things AND they don't get dog-eared...lol. To me, the bag is worth every penny!!!

WATCH THE VIDEO ENTIRELY so you can see where the special slot is for your Kindle and the entire tour of the bag!!! It is A7511 {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

A HU NOTE: I wouldn't wait too long though to think about it. The only ones left are the very few from those who changed their mind and canceled since it did sell out during the last show a couple of days ago Wink

The thing weighs almost 3 lbs. empty! What a treat hauling that around.

Super Contributor

I agree with the posters who recommend Travelon. I purchased two cross bodies and use them constantly while traveling. They are extremely light weight and roomy plus you. Ain't. Eat the functionality. The inside compartments are very secure, so your money, cc's andassport are safe. These travel bags are very tailored and plain so if you are looking for a fashion forward bag ( mainly for looks with some functionality) this line is probably not for you.
Respected Contributor

On 4/12/2014 turtle52 said:

Kipling bags are great--very lightweight and lots of styles.

Another vote for Kipling! Lots of styles and sizes. Most are convertible to cross body, too.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valued Contributor

I won't be without my Vera Bradley Cross body Sling . I even am happy with the new ones.

Respected Contributor

I buy a lot of bags from eBags.

They also have a great sale going on now. My fav is anything from the Baggallini brand. Amazon also sells this brand. They have many styles and colors to choose from and they wear well.

Honored Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Tyak said:

If you are open-minded about price, I can suggest a nice D&B for you *ON CLEARANCE* that even has a great hidden slot for a e-reader, I-Pad, etc. Currently it is also on EASY PAY too!

There are only a few left. It is a GREAT mid-sized bag, with a top zip for security, a large gusseted outside pocket, a few inside, it's crossbody...adjustable with handles too. The only color left is the one I have in caramel...so a wonderful neutral that will go with everything...

Lastly, it will last you years and it makes a great all around bag even when not traveling!!! There have been some reviews that say it's heavy...I disagree and half the time I carry a MEGA sized wallet since I have so many store rewards cards for this, that and the other, huge Joan Rivers sunglasses, some make-up, reading glasses, keys, cell phone and still have room for a few more things like tissues, etc. I don't have a Kindle yet...maybe by Christmastime. However, I do put paperback books in that hidden pocket right now and it works great...keeps the book out of the way when trying to grab for other things AND they don't get dog-eared...lol. To me, the bag is worth every penny!!!

WATCH THE VIDEO ENTIRELY so you can see where the special slot is for your Kindle and the entire tour of the bag!!! It is A7511 {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

A HU NOTE: I wouldn't wait too long though to think about it. The only ones left are the very few from those who changed their mind and canceled since it did sell out during the last show a couple of days ago Wink

Thanks for sharing your opinion Smile

I don't find it heavy. Additionally, the OP didn't ask for specifics on weight. I use mine quite often crossbody without any issues. To me, it is a "treat hauling" it around as you put it. I am NOT the only user of this bag who enjoys it...

Not everyone likes Travelon, Vera Bradley or Baggallini.

Respected Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 4/13/2014 Tyak said:

Thanks for sharing your opinion Smile

I don't find it heavy. Additionally, the OP didn't ask for specifics on weight. I use mine quite often crossbody without any issues. To me, it is a "treat hauling" it around as you put it. I am NOT the only user of this bag who enjoys it...

Not everyone likes Travelon, Vera Bradley or Baggallini.

Load it up enough and it'd be like toting around a bowling ball! lol

I'm just joshing with ya. Have a good day....

Esteemed Contributor

Have you researched this brand - Mosely/Mosly? Some of the crossbody bags convert to backpack bag. Google it. I'm getting one for summer and fall travels.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau