Respected Contributor

how does vionic compare in size to other brands like ryka or skechers?

In most closed shoes I wear a nine regardless of brand.  I did try on a pair of vionic flip flops in a 9 and they were way to big.  So I don't know what size to order in Vionic sneakers.  I thought Carolyn Gracie always wears a nine and yesterday she said in the Vionics she had a 8.5 and they were perfects.  I hate having to return things.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: how does vionic compare in size to other brands like ryka or skechers?

I believe most of their shoes are true to size.  The flip flops only come in whole sizes so they run a bit different.  It usually has what they recommend in the item description for each style.  For instance I am a true 6 1/2 M so I take a 6 in the flip flops.  I also have a pair of  seude black wedges by them which is in my true size 6 1/2.  I don't own their sneakers but I would order my usual size in those if I were to purchase.  Good luck, it's a really good line.

Respected Contributor

If the size 9 sandals were too big, I would go with the 9 in Vionic shoes.  I wear a 9.5 and go down to a 9 in their sandals (every single pair of tide and I have a lot of them) but in the "bella" style, the 9 is too tight across the strap (so I don't buy those).  For shoes, (sneaker and boots), I go with a 10.

I think you are probably OK with a 9, unless you have a wide foot, then go with the wide size 9. 

I wouldn't size down in Vionic shoes, only in the sandals and they usually recommend if you are in between whole sizes, to size down in the sandal presentations.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

In most closed shoes I wear a nine regardless of brand.  I did try on a pair of vionic flip flops in a 9 and they were way to big.  So I don't know what size to order in Vionic sneakers.  I thought Carolyn Gracie always wears a nine and yesterday she said in the Vionics she had a 8.5 and they were perfects.  I hate having to return things.

The sandals fit me most of the time, but the closed shoes recently don't seem to have enough toe room, even if I size up.  If I size up, the shoe comes off my feet because they are big on the heel, while my toes are squished.  I am about giving up in this brand.  I am reading reviews, and I see other people with my issue in the closed shoes.  The issue even came up in one of their sandals once.  I wear wide, and the bottom of the shoe was huge, ample space on the sides of the foot, but the velcro straps barely met to close at the top of the foot.  It's like the shoes are designed for people who have feet that are as flat as pancakes.  

Frequent Contributor

I ordered my same size in Vionic that I get in Dr Scholls.. After years of Dr Schools I decided to try Vionic because my right foot has gotten worse the older I get.. it rolls.. so I have ruined alot of shoes with Dr Schools.. Though I didn't wear them to suppport my ankle..I had other things to do that.. But after the quality of the Dr Schools shoes had gone way down after several years.. Yes even with the way I walked they had always lasted me over a year.. then their quality changed and I'd be lucky if they lasted a year.. I had remembered hearing about the Vionics and seeing a demo a few years back and after mom surprised me with a pair of shoes (not Vionic) and those didn't last either I had to try Vionic.. I am on my 3rd pair. I ordered originally 2 pairs last spring and then I ordered another toward fall in same style (velcro walking shoe) all of them same.. and I just ordered another pair.. so I always have backup...
Esteemed Contributor

They were true to size for me, but made my legs & feet hurt so donated them.