Contributor

florentine leather on smith bag

For those that have the florentine smith bag. Is the leather smooth on these bags?

I ask because I ordered a satchel and the leather does not look right. (imo) Was gonna exchange it for a black smith bag.

I own pebbled leather bags and have been looking online and haven't seen any leather the way this looks.

Does the florentine leather's texture change with different colors? Thanx for any help.

Respected Contributor

Re: florentine leather on smith bag

Florentine leather can be smooth, slightly pebbled, or very pebbled. It will vary with the individual bag and the piece of leather used. I have seen the same Florentine handbag, in the same style, in the same color, on the same day and one was smooth and one was pebbled. I was sure I would prefer the smooth one. But I ended up buying the pebbled one. The pebbled one showed fewer scratches and the color was richer. Both bags were supposedly identical style # and color..

Contributor

Thank You lavenderjunkie. I haven't seen ostrich bags in person but from what I have seen of them online this bag looks like a mixture of that texture and big pebbled leather. I thought maybe the smith bag would have smoother leather with the leather not having the hardware and such on it.

Respected Contributor

It's a random thing...only way to be sure is to pick out the handbag yourself in a store.

Honored Contributor

The type of leather is the luck of the draw, and isn't bag-specific...

The ostrich is just a whole other type of leather configuration, neither smooth nor pebbled but made to look like ostrich with the raised 'bumps' for want of a better word.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...