Trusted Contributor

Love Clarks!  Amy is so adorable.

Frequent Contributor

Clarks always had a reputation for producing well-made leather shoes in a great range of sizes and widths. I've noticed, too, in the past couple of years, that they've cheapened it up by introducing more shoes that have manmade uppers. Even some of their leather shoes look more cheaply made. If it's a quest to capture a larger share of the shoe market it will ultimately result in decreased sales because of substandard materials and inconsistent fit. I have over 50 pair of Clarks in my shoe wardrobe (yes, Mom, if you're reading this I know it's excessive) because they are good quality leather shoes that wear well for a long time and they consistently fit my difficult-to-fit feet. Clarks have a reputation for quality; I would be very disappointed if they wrecked their own reputation. Many of us are willing to pay for quality shoes!

Anyone else feel this way??

Clarks...are you listening???

Trusted Contributor

@Aviatrix

Oh, I liked Steve so much. Honestly, I had forgotten he was spokesperson before Amy. I'd like to know what happened to him, too. 

Trusted Contributor

@lakesfan I was a huge Clark's fan for years, but their sizing is no longer consistent.  I've stopped buying them, because they never fit anymore.  They are either too wide, too narrow, too long, etc...........  This never used to be a problem.

Esteemed Contributor

@lakesfan

I so agree with u. I purchased around 20 pairs of Clarks Leather Clogs from the Q years ago - in many different colors. I wear 7 wide --- and don't have any problems with my feet, but I always had trouble buying shoes because I wear wide. When I used to watch the Q presenting all those beautiful Clarks Clogs, I ordered immediately. Most of my life, my feet were unhappy --- so I was so happy to find Clarks. Unfortunately 6 pairs of Clogs separated - the top leather section in the toe area - from the sole. I still have around 6 more pairs of Clarks Clogs (accordion heel). They are my favorite. I'm even wearing a beautiful medium brown pair now - there's a leaf design in the middle of the shoe and another leaf design on the tabs that have the velcro close - the date of July, 2008 is inside. I would love to buy around 10 more pairs of Clarks Clogs (and some loafters). I even went to ClarksUSA.com and checked the Q on-line. NOTHING!!!! Years ago, I paid around $50/pair --- now it's up to $72.00 plus - and it's faux leather and the sole disintegrates. What's going on Clarks????

Esteemed Contributor

@DukeBlueNan

I just googled Steve Mahoney and he's getting married in November. He was on the Q for Clarks for 10 years --- I think one of the hosts on the Q said he now has a different position at Clarks.

Frequent Contributor

I used to love Clarks but anymore.  Read a few years ago Clarks is now made in China.  That's when I noticed that the quality went down and prices went up.  Sad 

Esteemed Contributor

Clarks is having a sale on their website. If you type in the word Labor you get 25% off their sale price. I bought Wave Trek Grey Nubuck Shoe for $59.99 plus $2.99 tax =$62.98. Free shipping and handling for item and returns. The shoe was originally priced for $140.00 sale price was $79.99 with a 25% discount. I was looking for a good sneaker to do my walking. I have not had much luck in finding one. I tried Sketchers 2.0 and Ryka, neither of them worked. My feet were sore and hurting when I came back home. I walk 4 miles.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been checking out clarksusa.com for several weeks. I wear size 7 wide --- and either they don't have the shoes in wide, or they're synthetic, or they get bad reviews. I'm so frustrated --- and you can't be sure of the sizing anymore. It's free return - but it's a hassle. Hope ur happy with ur new shoes. I just emailed CLARKS about why they can't make shoes like they used to.

Esteemed Contributor

The reviews on this Wave Trek are five stars.So I am hoping this is going to be good for me. I really need walking shoes. I wear an 8 Medium. I have never had a problem with the fit of Clarks.