Regular Contributor
Hi! I think the chevron upcoming ts would make a fun summer tote. I just cannot decide between black, RED OR PINK.
Super Contributor

Do you have this bag? How do you like this one? I just ordered the tartan black on sale at Macy's and hope it does not carry really large. This one appears to be the same in size.

Frequent Contributor
On 12/21/2013 surprise_sometime said:

I'm in love with it, especially in seafoam. I think the size of the TSV tote will be too big for me, so I'm going to keep an eye out for the satchel in other colors. If nothing else comes up, I will order it and find a reason to use it Smiley Happy

The only other place that I saw the satchel on other colors is Nordstrom -- blue and red. I just say these two bags side by side in Lord and Taylor. I love the pattern. They only have the black. I have the splash bag in a satchel from a few years ago and love it. But this satchel in the chevron is smaller than that. I will need to go with the tote. The top has a zipper which I live.

viewer45

Frequent Contributor
Anyone received the bag and want to post a review? I'm on the fence. Leaning this way... thinking chevron is a print for this year and then the fad will be over, so it will probably be a pass for me.
Honored Contributor
On 12/21/2013 skyblue said: I would like the Dooney chevron pattern on a throw pillow, but not on a handbag. This bag is just not for me.

It's not for me either, sky. I don't even think I'd want it on a throw pillow. It's not that I dislike the design, I just don't like it enough to want it!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/23/2014 stevieb said:
On 12/21/2013 skyblue said: I would like the Dooney chevron pattern on a throw pillow, but not on a handbag. This bag is just not for me.

It's not for me either, sky. I don't even think I'd want it on a throw pillow. It's not that I dislike the design, I just don't like it enough to want it!

I agree with both of you. Lately, the TSV's have been horrible. It just looks like they out the bags that aren't selling well as TSV's.
Respected Contributor
On 12/21/2013 bamapeach said:

Are these Dooney's made just for the Q? If you look on Dooney.com the Chevron design is different. the Straps are different how they connect to the bag at the top and the Dooney logo is placed lower.. Something about this is fishy to me... Are all the Dooneys sold at the Q made just for the Q and why would they different on Dooney.com?

We all know how the Q loves to "modify " the original to fit the Q's spec... All the Q host love to say "it's the same thing you buy in high in stores" UMMM no it's not looking like it to me.

Opinions anyone?

Why would it be "fishy?" You would say fishy if they were fake. Yes, these are special editions made for Q. It doesn't make them any less than a Dooney. BTW, Dooney makes exclusive styles for other "high-end" retailers such as Nordstroms and Macy's. (To me, Macy's isn't high-end, but there you go.) To be able to reduce the price and make a profit, they do make modifications. They are not going to compete against themselves. The bags that I have purchased have held up pretty well and have gotten compliments. The Q hosts have to do their schpiel. What can you expect?

The Q bag is huge! That is a very busy print for such a large bag. Wow. You could use it for a beach or travel tote. When they come up with some of this stuff, I just don't know what they are thinking. Do they have to make it "different" from the others? They hadn't done a tote in a while; I understand the thinking there. For just a little bit more money, you can pick up the lovely zip zip satchel instead from Dooney. Or go with the original.