New Contributor

Why doesn't Dooney make a bag that can hold any of the current cell/smartphones on the market. Have Samsung S3, daughter has iphone 5 and neither fit in cell phone pocket. Shouldn't they make larger pockets? This could be a make or brake for a deal for me.

Valued Contributor

Shouldn't they MAKE pockets, period??? I am curious which bag are you referring to? The inside pockets are fine for my iPhone 5. I have yet to find a DB bag with outside pockets!

Honored Contributor

Which bags are you looking at? My iPhone 5S fits in at least one pocket of each Dooney I own. I usually use an outer pocket and stick my asthma inhaler in the the inner pocket they sometimes call a cell phone pocket.

New Contributor

I was looking at the charleston, a tote. Daughter has iphone 5 with case and it didn't fit cell phone pocket. All I am requesting is if they would make their cell phone pockets larger.

Occasional Contributor
I agree. I have several, ok many, D&B handbags. I haven't bought one lately however. All of the ones I have from a few years ago, the cell phone pocket is too small. I have noticed when watching presentations on QVC, that they are still showing the handbags with that little cell phone pocket. When I use one of my handbags, I am forced to throw my phone in the purse and then search all day long for it. Not good. They really need to address this issue.
Valued Contributor
On 4/24/2014 jcarmstrong said: When I use one of my handbags, I am forced to throw my phone in the purse and then search all day long for it. Not good. They really need to address this issue.

Most of their bags have 2-3 inside pockets you can use for your phone???

Trusted Contributor

test

Honored Contributor
On 4/24/2014 pdalper said:

I was looking at the charleston, a tote. Daughter has iphone 5 with case and it didn't fit cell phone pocket. All I am requesting is if they would make their cell phone pockets larger.

You may want to look at the Lexington tote. It has an outside pocket on each side and my iPhone 5 (with a case) easily fits inside the pocket with room for a lip gloss.

It looks like the phone would fit in the outer pocket of the Charleston if it were put in sideways. You may want to go see if any local stores and the Charleston shopper and try it out.

Dooney & Bourke Pebble Leather Charleston Shopper

Occasional Contributor
On 4/24/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 4/24/2014 jcarmstrong said: When I use one of my handbags, I am forced to throw my phone in the purse and then search all day long for it. Not good. They really need to address this issue.

Actually most of the handbags I have have only the cell phone pocket and an inside zipper pocket.
Valued Contributor
On 4/24/2014 jcarmstrong said:
On 4/24/2014 tough_kitty said:

Actually most of the handbags I have have only the cell phone pocket and an inside zipper pocket.

Wow....if they only listened to their CUSTOMERS!!!! They could have been making so much more profit!!!!!!!! I love the leather quality of their bags, but VERY limited selection of shoulder bags and lack of functionality do not allow me find a bag which would meet my needs! So dissapointing!