Respected Contributor

can you wear zumba shoes

[ Edited ]

See question below

81vYHbWbUxL__UY535_.jpg Can you wear Zumba workout shoes ( like in the picture) as sneakers? I dont mean as walking shoes to do a ton of walking. Just as an every day type sneaker to wear out and about on errands and around the house?? Or are they just for inside doing exercise?

Honored Contributor

Re: can you wear zumba shoes

@FlowerBear.   I have no idea what a Zumba shoe is but my guess is the fashion police would not bother you if you wore something you own.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear  I looked up Zumba shoes.  I learned there is a subset of athletic shoes called dance sneakers.  Different manufacturers including Ryka make dance sneakers.  

"Zumba requires a specific style of sneaker because your feet need to move quickly.  You will not be doing just one running motion in a relatively straight line. You will need to be prepared to move quickly side to side, up and down, and across the gym floor at a quick pace.Therefore, your Zumba shoes must flex and move with you as well."

I recommend that you look up Zumba sneakers or dance sneakers and read about them.  Once you know how they are constructed and the pros and cons then you will better be able to determine if they fit the intended use.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I don't see why not.  They probably would be really comfortable for everyday wear.   I taught baton and wore twirling/dance shoes all the time.