Respected Contributor

boots and it's only August 1st

I see them this morning and now don't feel so crazy as to have bought my new OTK boots the other week. I guess get them before they run out of your size, and size 8 is a popular one for shoes and boots. 

myNewBoots.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: boots and it's only August 1st

The stores are full of fall merchandise. It happens every year starting in July.It's not too early to start think about fall winter.

Honored Contributor

OOH LA LA !!!  Ms Stylish Lady - hence your call name!!!  I hope you 'share' these with someone you love.  Pretty sure he will think these to be very sexy!!!!!

As well Ms Marilyn, it is NEVER too late to begin buying new boots for the season.  Now IS the time to do that otherwise they'll be gone when you really want to be wearing them.  Enjoy what y ou purchase.  Walk many miles in them and enjoy where they take y ou!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG, Stylish Lady, can you actually walk in those boots?  I love shoes like that, but I look like a man in drag when I try to walk in them.  A few years ago, I saw a pair of classic pumps with a thinnish 3-1/2" heel and decided to buy them.  When they arrived, I checked out a few Internet videos on how to walk in heels, but they didn't help.  I don't think the land on your heel first advice makes sense.  This is not the way people normally walk.  To make an unnecessarily long story no longer, I had to return my pretty pumps. 

I bought my winter boots in May at 75-80% off.  I got a couple of pairs of water-resistant Sportos in black and wine suede for $17.50 and $25, down frrom about $90.  I also didn't have to pay for shipping.  Since they're classic styles, they'll be great for next winter.

Honored Contributor

Even though I won't be wearing fall clothes until probably October, my philosophy is if you need/want and love it, buy it when you see it, because it may be gone when you come back later. 

Respected Contributor

As an example, I wanted a new pair of semi-fancy flip flops for the pool. I found some nice ones, but they were all out of my size 8 and were not getting any new stock this time of year. So for sure, if you see a pair of boots for this fall/winter that you really would like to have, do not wait, especially if you are a common size. 

And yes, I realize that I am fortunate to be able to wear high heels. My new boots are 4", about my limit these days. I could wear higher when I was younger. I guess I inherited good "foot genes" from my Grandmother who wore high heels all her life. I tried several outfits that I will wear with those boots on a cold Sunday morning. I'll try to get DH to take a photo to post here when I do.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not particularly a boot person, even in the winter. I generally only wear them when it snows to shovel the driveway. I did buy some Keds winter boots at the end of the season sales in January and February to wear next winter. 

I think if you wear boots you have to think about what pants or jeans you have to wear with them as some look better with skinny jeans or pants depending on the boot style.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm sure the stores in some some areas are full of fall merchandise, not where I live/work/play.  They are still in summer clearance mode with some "transitional" items showing up here and there.  However, as we move into August, we will see Fall items.  Even online retailers aren't into full Fall mode yet.  Having said that, I always begin my fall shopping with boots and a new handbag.  Boots are challenging for me (10w) so, I have to snap them up early.  Actually, I bought a pair of suede ankle boots last night from the PMS show.  It's the same suede ankle boot I bought last winter in black and taupe.  I love that boot!  I bought the copper color last night.  I don't need anymore ankle boots.  I do want a pair of black leather, low heel, mid calf boots. 

Honored Contributor

I ordered my favorite brand, Easy Spirit, in a style called "Travelrite."  I wear the "Traveltime" style and get lots of comfort from them.  With this style of boot, the sole is the same style.  

I am buying left-overs from last year.  That is ok with me as long as the boot is comfortable.  This is a good place to start, because my shoe wardrobe is virtually non-existant for winter shoes!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I love boots (whether they're in or out).... but what is up with the Q's boot prices??  They have an earth origin boot with three buckles that I thought was really cute and it's about $150~!!  I bought two pairs of their boots about a year ago (with one buckle and strap) and it was around $70 each!!  I did a double take on that $150 pair that nearly gave me whiplash.....

Oh, and I can live without them.... Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*