Frequent Contributor

Re: big news about vera bradley company...

Where I live, moms carry Michael Kors and Coach bags, and they buy their daughters Vera Bradley everything....Vera Bradley is extremely popular amongst middle and high school girls. They probably won't like the new reduction in styles and patterns. I own a few things from the line and my daughter owns more than me, but we are so so picky about the patterns....most we find too busy or just tacky. But this article sounds like a total revamp of the line that loyal shoppers may find disheartening.
Super Contributor

That is a very interesting article. I love the quilted totes. I never use VB as a hand bag since I usually wear printed clothing. But I love their totes and I own a few in various sizes and their big weekend bag. I think I have enough VB including sunglass case, and wallet. I can't say that I love all of their new prints but many I like. Some just look too "familiar" and they need some new ideas. I like the black and white prints!! I hope they come out with more of those.

Frequent Contributor

On 6/29/2014 Quiltlady said:

That is a very interesting article. I love the quilted totes. I never use VB as a hand bag since I usually wear printed clothing. But I love their totes and I own a few in various sizes and their big weekend bag. I think I have enough VB including sunglass case, and wallet. I can't say that I love all of their new prints but many I like. Some just look too "familiar" and they need some new ideas. I like the black and white prints!! I hope they come out with more of those.

Ditto, love the totes, weekenders, duffels, etc. Organizational stuff and travel. Don't use any of it on a daily basis. Had one crossbody purse which I quickly regifted. I wonder if it's a generational thing. The baby boomers have enough travel stuff and the next generation hasn't caught up yet (they are still carting their stuff around in plastic bags). I know I plan on getting my daughter and DIL weekenders for Christmas. I hate to see them go away and I think going plain fabric isn't filling any niche but what do I know?

Honored Contributor

I would be sorry to see VB change. Love their handbags, and wallets. For everything there is a season.
Super Contributor

Guess I won't be donating my older VB bags just yet! I hope things work out for the best for them. VB bags are still very popular around here. I see all ages carrying them. They are too expensive to start with, but you can get some fantastic deals. I'm not disappointed at all with their prints. There's such a variety offered, and if you don't care for prints there are the solid colors. Keeping my fingers crossed that the company works everything out. They provide a lot of jobs in the US, and they donate to cancer research.

Frequent Contributor

Vera Bradley are the only bags I use; I especially love the On the Go bag.

I have totes and duffels, etc.

I do agree that a lot of the prints in the past few years do look somewhat alike.

I would like to see more delicate prints, but so bold and big. If you look at their past prints they were more delicate and even darker colors. I wish they would come back with some of those.

The solid color idea is fine.

I also think they could afford to lower their prices.

I don't think I would buy the faux leather.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the faux leather (straps) in the bucket tote and I like microfiber. Makes it look sturdy and chic. I still like the prints for cosmetic bags and the duffle bags. The VB store in Roseville Ca is always busy with varied age groups. I hope they survive. They have really good sales and gifts with purchase.

Trusted Contributor

I don't feel the article was so bad. Profits are dwindling and they brought in new & younger blood to revamp the line and streamline the business. I think it's sounds very promising.
Trusted Contributor

When they discontinued the Villager I stopped buying. Basically I only carry them to the beach now; so how many VB bags do I really need? I have more than I need already.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Regular Contributor

My opinion on Vera Bradley is that the designs have become to "Mod" or kiddish. Bright and crazy designs. I am not attracted to them. I like when they were more classy in their patterns. Toile and little flowers. I have quite a few overnight duffle bags and Weekenders. I like the older eyeglass cases (they stopped making them). I even have some place mats they made. I have handbags but don't use them. Two I will use but not the others really. I even have some throws. I loved the pattern "English Rose" they came out with a year ago.

They need to go back to classic designs and better artistry. I would love to design for them. I truly believe I could bring them back to being very popular. I would not carry them as handbags anymore, unless something changes.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}