Contributor

Re: ? about thong sandals. Does it take a while to get used to the toe piece?

My toes are picky and I have to be careful. I have good luck with Clark's brands and I bought some cute ones from Lands End a few years ago that are comfy too.
Honored Contributor

On 6/21/2014 BrownEyedGirl said: My toes are picky and I have to be careful. I have good luck with Clark's brands and I bought some cute ones from Lands End a few years ago that are comfy too.
I second the Clarks thong recommendation, and add White Mountain. They are both good quality leather, and soft and pliable between the toes.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

On 6/21/2014 BigBro6 said:

It sounds funny but it depends. I have been wearing thong sandals all my life. I like them better. Look at the thong part, some manufacturers make an extra seam that is rough on the toe. If it is a well made shoe, it will be one piece without a seam.

Agreed! You have to check the piece between the toes before buying. If it has a seam....DONT BUY!

Super Contributor

The Orthoheel brand and Tony Little's (HSN) Cheeks brand thongs are the most comfortable ones I've found. No break in time needed. The Cheeks have arch support, are light and indestructible. Love them.

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Honored Contributor

I wear thong style sandals 90% of the time. When I wore Birkenstocks, I could never get used to their thong styles. They are the only thongs that ever gave me blisters.

Esteemed Contributor

It has taken me 77 yrs and I still am not used to it ....Just cannot wear them Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

I have an extremely high arch. The only flip-flops I can wear are ABEO metatarsal ones. Right now they 're on sale,so I'm picking up some in new colors. I think they come in 20 different colors. I cannot wear Vionic/ Orthoheel.....too hard. Look for brands that have cloth for the toepiece. I think they're easier to get used to. Let us know.
Trusted Contributor

On 6/22/2014 lulu2 said:

I wear thong style sandals 90% of the time. When I wore Birkenstocks, I could never get used to their thong styles. They are the only thongs that ever gave me blisters.

I wear a lot of thongs too and agree Birkenstock thongs are the most uncomfortable thongs I've ever worn. I had a pair of patriotic ones that brought tears to eyes far too many times. I finally pitched them.