Contributor

You decide (shoes sent to me that had been worn)

I just spoke to a customer service representative and explained that the sandals I ordered (on sale) had clearly been worn. They are a beige/pink tone and the inside of the sandals had the imprint of dirty feet. The sole which is supposed to be white was a grey color. These sandals had not just been tried on and returned but worn. Sale items can't be returned unless defective. Worn shoes are not considered defective. Yes, believe it, QVC is perfectly fine with selling used items and telling you that you have no recourse. After telling me the supervisor would call me back in 4 hours she admitted that I would be told the same thing. After an eternity she offered to refund the first easy pay. She could have offered that initially. Instead it took more than 20 minutes and until I was fuming. So QVC's policy is fine with sending used items without ability to return them.

Honored Contributor

Re: You decide (shoes sent to me that had been worn)

Not acceptable on any level.

They shouldn't have been sent out

You should have gotten an immediate and full refund, free SH for the return.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That just does not sound right to me. Unless the shoes were  sold "As Is" and I do not consider a sale item "As Is" I would be sending an e-mail, trying to get on chat or asking one of the moderators to get involved. 

Honored Contributor

@galral   You are addressing your complaint with your fellow customers who can in no way help to rectify the situation.  If you feel your complaint has not bee settled to your satisfaction, you may contact the mods at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com, including the order number.  They are super Q CS Reps and can often help when no one else can. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Thank you for the info. I appreciate it. The purpose of sharing the information with my fellow customers is so that people are aware of practices which may be common. I don't believe I'm the only QVC customer who has had this experience. What would happen if we all demanded QUALITY VALUE and CARE consistently ?

Esteemed Contributor

You should've very disturbed by this transaction; I would insist they refund me( including postage) or I'd contact my credit card company to not pay for this item.  Shame on QVC!

Respected Contributor

@galral   For curiosity sake, are you able to post a picture?  I'm wondering how bad they would have to be for someone to notice that they were worn before shipping them to you

Since they were sent out - just curious on what others would consider "not used".  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I had this happen to me too and I've talked about it on here before.   One was also a pair of shoes that looked like they had been worn for an entire summer.  They were dirty all over and you just know when something has been worn.  I did buy them "as is" but "as is" should be acceptable!!   That was my last "as is" purchase, they did take them back though.   I also had a pair of "new" Laurie Felt jeans sent to me that were obviously worn as they were literally dirty and smelled gross, like those people who never wash their jeans type of smell.  Disgusting for sure.  I think they randomly inspect returns before sending to another customer which is pretty sad IMO.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

That just does not sound right to me. Unless the shoes were  sold "As Is" and I do not consider a sale item "As Is" I would be sending an e-mail, trying to get on chart or asking one of the moderators to get involved. 

@icezeus 

AS IS items have the same 30 day return policy. 

Respected Contributor

Once I received a jacket with a wedding program in the pocket.  The QVC CS rep and I had a good laugh about it after she apologized and credited my account in full.  She also noted I would not be charged a return fee. I was told to mark my return DEFECTIVE.

A worn item is considered defective.