Honored Contributor

I’m fairly conservative when it comes to color, especially with shoes. However, I was perusing the Born website , and I came upon the Trang sandals, so cute. Then I checked the colors and for some reason I zeroed in on the yellow. I kept going back to it and started thinking about how many outfits it would go with. Now I must have them. Have you left your color comfort zone recently ??

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I can't say that anything is out of my comfort zone. I do think, however, there are some colors that don't look as well on me.

But I am glad you posted because I have been wanting yellow sandals. I will check out the website. It it is a strong, bright yellow, I must just pick them up.

Thanks! Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Several years ago I reluctantly bought a pair if yellow wedge sandals to wear to a few summer events. That shoe got more compliments than any other shoe I purchased in my entire life. I just recently donated them just because the wedge looked like it was getting worn down and stained from wearing them outdoors on the grass. 

I now never shy away from a colorful shoe....it's fun and they go with more than you think. 

Honored Contributor

I love yellow accessories because yellow is a true neutral.  What other color does it not blend with?  Great with everything.  You don't see many yellow shoes but I did manage to snag a bright mustard pair of Clark's strappy slides last summer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I’m fairly conservative when it comes to color, especially with shoes. However, I was perusing the Born website , and I came upon the Trang sandals, so cute. Then I checked the colors and for some reason I zeroed in on the yellow. I kept going back to it and started thinking about how many outfits it would go with. Now I must have them. Have you left your color comfort zone recently ??

@QVCkitty1

My color comfort doesn't have a zone.  You should see some of the stuff I wear on my feet!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I can't say that anything is out of my comfort zone. I do think, however, there are some colors that don't look as well on me.

But I am glad you posted because I have been wanting yellow sandals. I will check out the website. It it is a strong, bright yellow, I must just pick them up.

Thanks! Heart

@World Traveler, l

Just an FYI, they are 5.00 cheaper at Nordstroms

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I still have and wear a pair of yellow Birkenstocks with a removable T strap that the Q sold. Only yellow footwear I have ever owned.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Oh, thank you! Heart

Respected Contributor

I took a peek at those Born Trang sandals in yellow and they are super cute.  I have a pair of Earth yellow sandals that are close to the yellow color you are considering.  I get compliments all the time on my yellow sandals and I find that they go with so many outfits of various colors.  

Respected Contributor

That is funny, because I left my color comfort zone for  . . . yellow sandals.  I got them about 5 years ago, and I do wear them now and then.  I don't think of them as matching my clothes (I rarely wear yellow), but as a nice contrast.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York