Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would you wear in summer. A 284117 suede ?

@Kitty Galore remember it's leather!

Main Image - Marc Fisher LTD 'Zala' Pump (Women)Main Image - Marc Fisher LTD 'Zala' Pump (Women)Main Image - Halogen® Iris Lace-Up d'Orsay Pump (Women)

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Main Image - Steve Madden Dainna d'Orsay Ankle Strap Pump (Women)Main Image - Nine West Millenio Ankle Wrap Pump (Women)

I hope some of my suggestions will help you decide @Kitty Galore.  Enjoy.....

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Kitty Galore remember it's leather!

Main Image - Marc Fisher LTD 'Zala' Pump (Women)Main Image - Marc Fisher LTD 'Zala' Pump (Women)Main Image - Halogen® Iris Lace-Up d'Orsay Pump (Women)

@itiswhatitis. I particularly like this taupe shoe with the Tassles !  Who Are they by?  I may look for o ething out there in the big box stores for do ething similar.   Still undecided but do have time to make a decision.   ThanksCat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Kitty Galore  That sounds like you have a very nice outfit planned.  The SS jewelry will also be a good complement to the outfit.  I definitely would wear black shoes with that, so if you can't get a pair in the smooth leather, then I think the black suede would be the next best thing.

@2blonde.   I'm going to give it more thought ,  and check out some other options ,  want to goggle the shoe I do love and see if I can get it elsewhere or maybe even  a taupe sandal.  Thanks for your replyCat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

In San Francisco:    YES

In Phoenix:   ABSOLUTELY NOT

Not in Phoenix  or San Fran ,  east coast girl!  Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

It's black ,  if it were a neutral shade I wouldn't even give it a second thought ya no.

Honored Contributor

I would wear them if I wasn't already buying new shoes for another reason.  I think everyone will remember your outfit, not your shoes.  They will probably be covered a little with the pant leg too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore the beige one with the tassel is a brand that Nordie's carries called "Halogen."  It might be an in house brand.  I'm not sure about this but I've only seen this brand at Nordies.  This line has women's clothing as well.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I used to think that one couldn't (or shouldn't) wear suede in summer...period.  But I guess i am out of it, because they do, and it is in style.  Has been for a couple years. Personally I dont care for suede and avoid it at all costs.  I dont like thE way it spots, and gets those shiny wear marks.  But suede looks good.

it must be popular because most all sandals and summer shoes offer a suede option.

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

In San Francisco:    YES

In Phoenix:   ABSOLUTELY NOT

@Desertdi, that's interesting.  Do you wear leather in Phoenix in the summer months?

@itiswhatitis  July & August:    110° PLUS during the day.  118° is the record since I've lived here.  122° is the all-time record.    Hot nights that sometimes don't go below 100°.     Pavement can reach 180° at mid-afternoon.    Wearing leather is probably not in a person's best interest......although working cowboys don't have much choice.   Most people wear sandals or breathable athletic shoes...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥