Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would you wear in summer. A 284117 suede ?

@Kitty Galore, The jumpsuit sounds lovely.  If push comes to shove your black suede pumps will work with it, but when I think of wearing suede summer shoes, those in the images posted by @itiswhatitis from the Nordstrom site come to mind.  Again, I think it's a great idea to Google search the patent shoe you wanted in the first place and go from there if you can't find it.  

Honored Contributor

Cute shoe, but I feel it's too heavy for my light summer clothing.  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@Kitty Galore, The jumpsuit sounds lovely.  If push comes to shove your black suede pumps will work with it, but when I think of wearing suede summer shoes, those in the images posted by @itiswhatitis from the Nordstrom site come to mind.  Again, I think it's a great idea to Google search the patent shoe you wanted in the first place and go from there if you can't find it.  

@Trix  I do like the suede sandals that @itiswhatitis. Posted and have checked a couple of them out.   I have also goggled the shoes I originally wanted and they are avaliable but it in my size .  Didn't realize  6 1/2 was so popular.  I will figure something out soon.  Thanks for replying and to everyone that has !  Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I might or might not wear suede shoes or sandals in the summer. It just depends. If the shoes fit well and if you are going to be wearing them for a long period of time like at a wedding and reception, shoes must be comfortable. If you are unsure about the shoes, bring an extra pair that you know that are comfortable and leave them in the car trunk just in case.

I just looked at a bunch of name brand sandals from comfort brands that were on sale and the suede vamps looked softer and felt softer than some of the leather top sandals that used thick and stiff leather. The difference was surprising and this was from a couple of comfort brands like Hush Puppies and Clarks shoes too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

In San Francisco:    YES

In Phoenix:   ABSOLUTELY NOT

@Desertdi, that's interesting.  Do you wear leather in Phoenix in the summer months?

@itiswhatitis  July & August:    110° PLUS during the day.  118° is the record since I've lived here.  122° is the all-time record.    Hot nights that sometimes don't go below 100°.     Pavement can reach 180° at mid-afternoon.    Wearing leather is probably not in a person's best interest......although working cowboys don't have much choice.   Most people wear sandals or breathable athletic shoes...............

@Desertdi, I hear you.  Not all shoes are leather; but they are my first choice for any climate.  Leather (if it's real leather) breathes as it's a skin.....

*Call Tyrone*