Honored Contributor

Re: Would you spend $577 on a GILI bag?

Too many bad reviews of GILI brand things for me to ever spend hundreds on a GILI bag.....I would want something that would hold its value and this line is not time-tested enough for me.
Honored Contributor

No, I wouldn't buy one. I consider both quality and brand name, but quality is more important.

Contributor

On a GILI bag, no way. I almost dropped that for a Kate Spade bag, though. Luckily, I talked myself off the ledge on that one...so far, anyway {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Occasional Contributor

They have "big ones" - that's all I can say. Wow. And for me, living in NY, with tax + S/H that bag comes to closer to $645. Outrageous. I too have spent well over $ 1000 - on a designer bag with pedigree! This is not one of those bags. And translation for "imported" is "China".

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely NOT !!!! I can't believe what anyone spends on GILI. They just had a leather MOTO jacket selling for over $325. I made a comment that the people buying that jacket are out of their minds. They can get beautiful leather in the high end stores for a little more then that. The nerve of QVC and Lisa to think their inferior quality - unknown name can carry a price like that. I buy all of my handbags from Kate Spade and I know without a doubt that nothing QVC sells can compare in terms of design and quality. In addition, I can turn around and sell is for then I paid. The people buying into GILI are uneducated shoppers and QVC is counting on them being suckers!!!!

Trusted Contributor

We all know which shoppers are going to buy this bag. It will probably sell out this evening within minutes. To each his/her own.

Esteemed Contributor

No, but not because it is a GILI bag but simply because I like the change my bags out all the time, so it isn't practical for me to spend that kind of money on any bag.

Super Contributor

I would never spend that much on a bag. But then again, I just spent almost that much on an air cleaner. I guess people spend their money on what is important to them.
Contributor

Lisa will push the easy pay option and it will sell. I don't think some customers realize the total price for an item, just the easy pay option.

Trusted Contributor

I would never, ever spend that kind of money on any handbag........much less on one from a TV shopping line that has earned numerous poor quality reviews on various items. A bag to carry my stuff around in just isn't worth that kind of expense to me.