Trusted Contributor

Re: Would you pay 100 dollars or more for a pair of shoes?

@dancing 522queen wrote:

YES! YES!, I have spent $100.00 or more on shoes and boots, over the years and just recently too.   I have to really Love them.... My Mom spoiled me with buying really good shoes and clothes..

My Mom did too!

Honored Contributor

I purchased a pair of fly london a couple years ago I am sure they were close to 100.00 they are very comfortable.  I guess yes.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

If I loved it absolutely. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I frequently do but the original price is usually $200+. There was a time I could wear inexpensive shoes, but that is no longer true. Now I look for comfort and style which I find in better brands.

Honored Contributor

It just occurred to me .... these shoes might go well with some pants I purchased recently from QVC ....

Denim & Co. Naturals Pull-On Drapey Cuffed Pant - A383294Image result for Chopin Shoes. Size: 178 x 160. Source: www.qvc.comDenim & Co. Naturals Pull-On Drapey Cuffed Pant - A383294

----------------------------------------------

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I did one time - in 2013 - for "novelty" shoes.   They were $109.

Spring Step Chopin.  I haven't worn them many times - they'll last me forever.

Image result for Chopin Shoes. Size: 178 x 160. Source: www.qvc.com

Trusted Contributor

Sure!  I have foot issues, if I can buy shoes that are comfortable and fit my style, I'm all in.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yeah! In fact, these days, paying over $100 for a pair of shoes has ceased being a big deal. In contrast, many years ago, I walked into a shoe store on 5th Avenue, not far from the Plaza Hotel. I think it was called I. Miller,or something close. The store had gorgeous shoes and I fell in love with a pair. They were $32, an outrageous amount in the early 1970s. I bought the shoes and wore them so often that I definitely got my money's worth.

Honored Contributor

I have that and on bags.

Just ordered Clarks shoes here on Q since they had them in size 8 W was 77

with tax and shipping.  Clarks loafers

Esteemed Contributor

Well I just spent twice that on a pair of sandals. But if you saw how few shoes I currently have you would probably feel the need to pass the hat taking up a collection to help me buy a pair of two.

I have spent so, so much money buying shoes that I think will be just fine only to have them end up killing my feet.  Recently I became more ruthless than ever and donated many, many shoes (some brand new, some worn once or twice) that I hope will make some women happy!

Honored Contributor

It's hard not to spend $100 on a pair of decent shoes anymore.  Shoes are not my "thing" anyway so I don't own many pairs.