Honored Contributor

Re: Would you pay 100 dollars or more for a pair of shoes?

Yes, Keens, four pairs over the years.  They last FOREVER, unlike my Sketchers and wannabes that make it about six months.

Honored Contributor

Occasionally I do. Sometimes more. 

Esteemed Contributor

@aurora625 wrote:

I'm thinking about it!

I most certainly would, and have done so quite often.  I like Stu Weitzman (a lot), Donald J. Pliner, Cole Haan.  If it's extremely comfortable and costly, I'm still gonna get it.  I might hunt or wait for a markdown, but my feet come first.

You see, I have this thing with shoes that, well........

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

After making the decision to replace both knees, I choose to protect my $70,000 investment by buying stable, supportive, quality shoes.   

All of my shoes cost $100 - $150; the shoes I wear most often are tossed yearly.   

Respected Contributor

If it were a super-duper formal occasion, I might; if for no other reason than cheap knock-off would probably hurt my feet.

And then I'd probably donate them; someone else might as well get some use out of them.

Respected Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

These kind of questions are a bit silly, because obviously your financial decisions depend upon your age, income, wealth, values, and monetary priorities. 

then why are you bothering to answer it?

Valued Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

These kind of questions are a bit silly, because obviously your financial decisions depend upon your age, income, wealth, values, and monetary priorities. 

then why are you bothering to answer it?

LOL!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I could find a pair of shoes made from real leather with an open top and without a hideous chunky heel or platform, then money would be no object. Right now, I find either grandma orthopedic shoes that look like what they are, or shoes that 20-somethings wear.....and not much in between. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ecco is my favorite brand. I love Asics Kayano shoes for exercise. They're over $100. However, I watch for sales and, sometimes, shoesdotcom promotion codes work on these brands. I don't think I have ever paid full price.

To me, they are worth the money. I have several pair of Ecco and most are 3-5 years old and still look like new. Asics Kayano last a long time. When one pair is no longer good for exercise, I wear them to mow and work in the yard until they are totally shot.  

I'd spend a lot more than $100-150 in 2-3 years to replace cheap shoes.

Occasional Contributor

Very easy answer. "NO".