Honored Contributor

Re: Would you pay 100 dollars or more for a pair of shoes?

Yes, I have, several times but not lately.

Honored Contributor

Yes! Most of my shoes are around that much but I don't buy a lot of shoes because of it. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I do most of the time.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Even if I were a millionaire I'd be quite unlikely to spend that much on shoes. One reason is that the more I spend, the more/longer I want the item to stay perfect and never wear out and that's just not practical with shoes.

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

These kind of questions are a bit silly, because obviously your financial decisions depend upon your age, income, wealth, values, and monetary priorities. 

Would I buy a used pair of shoes for a dollar?  Absolutely not.

Would I buy a new pair for over $100.00?  Yes, I would and I have.

Would I buy a new pair of shoes for over $1000.00?  No, although I have drooled over a few.

In addition, special occasions like weddings may merit a shoe splurge, or unhealthy feet may require costly medical shoes.

Should you buy the shoes you are thinking about?  Only you can decide!

Not silly.  Maybe the OP just wants to chat. Maybe this is her first time paying that much for shoes and needs some support.  Were you silly to open and respond?

Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

These kind of questions are a bit silly, because obviously your financial decisions depend upon your age, income, wealth, values, and monetary priorities. 

Would I buy a used pair of shoes for a dollar?  Absolutely not.

Would I buy a new pair for over $100.00?  Yes, I would and I have.

Would I buy a new pair of shoes for over $1000.00?  No, although I have drooled over a few.

In addition, special occasions like weddings may merit a shoe splurge, or unhealthy feet may require costly medical shoes.

Should you buy the shoes you are thinking about?  Only you can decide!

Not silly.  Maybe the OP just wants to chat. Maybe this is her first time paying that much for shoes and needs some support.  Were you silly to open and respond?

@rms1954  Thank you!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do it all of the time.  I have found that wearing comfortable shoes is important.   Better made more expensive shoes just fit my feet better.

I would rather have one good pair of shoes than four cheap pairs.  now if I can find them on sale...well, that's even better.

My most comfortable shoes/clogs cost $207.  They are everyday shoes that I wear almost every day during the winter months.  I still wear them everyday years later.  Cost per wear is pretty low.  They were a great buy...imported from Germany.

Frequent Contributor

Absolutely.

I am on my feet for almost all of my 12 hour shift, so a good pair of shoes is worth every penny!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes

Respected Contributor

Every 12-18 months I buy a pair of running shoes for walking. My current favorite brand is Brooks which costs $120. I also buy $40 orthodic inserts at the same time. I once had a bout of plantar fasciitis and my doctor advised the inserts. I also have a high arch. I might be able to buy them for a cheaper price online but I support a local independent running shoe store. I have not paid over $100 for street shoes.