Honored Contributor

Re: Would you buy previously worn shoes?

NO.....I'd be afraid of a powerful fungus lingering in them

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I doubt that when trying on shoes in a store that they are directly placed there never tried on by another customer. I suppose the very first customer yes, but after that they have been worn by someone else. 

One should have on socks ,footies , or some such when shopping for shoes . I have observed that not all do though.

I have not lately purchased shoes from a thrift store but when I did I usually wiped them out with alcohol or a wipe.

I guess my answer is yes.

Honored Contributor

I have too many shoes, that I no longer wear. I would not buy any shoes unless they were new. I have plenty of shoes to last for years.

But I must admit I have donated many pairs of shoes. Most were nice leather shoes, many highly desired name brands. A few months before I retired I decided that I had more shoes that I would wear, once I retired.

So I went through my shoes and wore a different pair of shoes every day. If they were not comfortable at the end of the day, I donated them. I was now in a "my feet are going to be comfortable" rather than "do the shoes look good with my outfit".

Many of the shoes were only worn once. So I had no problem donating them. And the donation center liked getting them. So there must be a market. The people at the donation center were excited when they saw the boxes of shoes.

Honored Contributor

I've ordered AS IS shoes from the Q and previously owned shoes from Ebay.  No problems here.  My answer is yes.

Honored Contributor

I would never wear second hand shoes.  

Honored Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

I have donated many shoes, but never any that showed excessive wear. I've been fortunate not to have to purchase used shoes, but if that were my only option I would.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I might if my feet weren't a health issue.  I know if I were a diabetic I'd avoid shoes from anyone I didn't really know.  I'm not a diabetic; my issue is having 2 radically different bunions.  One's easy to accommodate and most likely would even be relatively easy for a surgeon; the other not.  Not buying surgical misery or someone else's shoes.

Trusted Contributor

No to shoes and no to clothes.  Not my thing.

Honored Contributor

No. The only previously worn thing I would wear is precious metal estate jewelry. Shoes, clothing, handbags absolutely not...