Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would you buy previously worn shoes?

I would and I have- more than once.

Boots, sneakers, ballet flats all come to mind. Most of my wardrobe is thrifted.

Footwear and all items must be clean, have little wear and be better labels.

Clothing as well as footwear can be cleaned and sanitized.

For those who do not buy second hand- I thank you. More for me.

Honored Contributor

NO, NO and NO.

I have shoes that were purchased by someone brand new, but never worn.  

I have given away and sold many of my own that I bought myself that hurt once I got them home from the store, but failed to return.

No way would I wear shoes that somone else wore.  Even as a child, my family did not pass down shoes among our siblings.

Honored Contributor

Yes. I haven't had problems buying almost new shoes. I've also sold quite a few too. I just wipe the inside with disinfectant. 

Just an aside: I've sold some of my lightly worn swimsuits before. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing used swimwear but they've always sold which surprised me!

Respected Contributor

Unless I had no choice, I'd rather not wear used shoes.  Many here have given my reasons already. Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

No.....although I am quick to donate my used shoes as I think someone who is going without would appreciate the donation.

Honored Contributor

Nope.  I would not wear previously worn shoes - designer or not.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

No, personally I would not.  But I have donated gently worn shoes to many a shoe drive for the poor.  I guess for those who are in need, they must seem like Cinderella's glass slipper to them.  Always makes me think how lucky, fortunate & blessed we really are.  

On a side note.....don't know if they still sell things like this but.....on Ebay anyway, going back quite a few years at this point.....they are/were selling used ladies shoes.....the used the better....they (the prospective buyer) apparently liked it when there were toe imprints in the sole of the shoe.  I know for a fact....as I saw the naratives next to the pics.  So I did try my hand at selling a few pumps that I had.  They sold like hot cakes.  To men buyers.  .......Don't know & don't want to know.  LOL

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I have bought a few gently used shoes from ebay----and no problem with them at all---and the reason I bought them was I had the same pair that I  wore out as I loved them and wore them all the time. I just make sure I can return them and take pics of them when I got them.  

Respected Contributor

@gellen Absolutely not!   I had to go to a foor doctor for a mortons neuroma surgery and there was a lady there who lost an entire toenail from a fungus.    She said it had been 4 months and it had still not grown back in!  Consiider me a germaphobe, but no to shoes, clothes yes.

Honored Contributor

I hope someone buys the shoes I donated to Goodwill. 

They were expensive and in "almost" new condition.  Really nice shoes but I could no longer wear shoes with that heel height.