Honored Contributor

Re: Would you buy 3 pair of the same shoe?

Absolutely. Even though my feet are better after my surgeries, I still have comfort issues. If I find a style I love, I always buy almost every color.

But then I do the same with clothing often. I guess I am a "completist." :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I bought 4 pairs of the same shoe (Clarke’s sandal) a few years back which included a red pair. I wear it the least but I’m glad I have it. If you find shoes love and feel good, get the colors before they are no longer available.

Honored Contributor

I have and I still like them today. They were Etienne Aigner. I bought navy, black and burgundy. I do not think it is overboard. I am rather picky with shoes and when I see something I like, I buy it.

Same with tops. With tops I have bought the same exact top, twice a number of times.

PS - do any of us NEED another pair of shoes?

I have bought red shoes but only bought them to go with a red dress.

Respected Contributor

If I find a shoe that fits well and I know I will wear a lot, absolutely I'll buy it in at least 2 colors! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me, always Cost Per Wear.

Two of the same shoe that meets your comfort and style? All day, every day Yes.

A third color? depends on how often you would wear it, and the purchase price. If it were me, I would wait a few weeks and see if they have my preferred colors and size marked down.

I have no red shoes. One pair of red Clark's sandals bought at the Q outlet. happy to have them, very comfy. I wear them infrequently but the original cost was maybe $25.00 or less-can't recall..

Respected Contributor

Yes!  I love having "a back-up" (two or more) - just in case.  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

If I can afford it, I often buy multiples of things I love, so I would. I tend to wear the same shoes to work almost every day, so if I can get multiple pairs to rotate, that's a huge help.

Honored Contributor

If I had a hard foot to fit and the shoes fit well and WERE comfortable I would.

Honored Contributor

I have been known to buy 3 at one time.  I can only find a certain kind of Asics walking shoe at Amazon and at the present time, I have several unworn pairs- sure beats having to search and search.  It's like my own shoe store, LOL 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You betcha!

For those who have hard-to-fit feet, it's hard to find shoes that are appealing and fit well. If I find a shoe that works, I buy three in the  black alone!  One for everyday, one good pair that look decent and are in rotation. The other pair is for the time when they no longer make the shoe!

You know how it is: find something you love and often it is retired by the manufacturer. Women's shoes are more probelmatic because of the short fashion cycles. 

Apart from all this, some women are like  Imelda. They have hundreds of shoes. They don't even ask that question! lol

Please note that I originally said "the reincarntion of Imelda". Impossible! Because she is still alive. )