Honored Contributor

Would you buy 3 pair of the same shoe?

I don't do well with open toe shoes and , let's face it, most closed toe sandals are not attractive. Anyway, I found a pair of really cute , closed toe - but not fisherman- sandals from Earth. I got them in yellow, loved them so much I went all the way back to the shoe store to get them in tan . Well, now I see that QVC has them too , and on QVC they have black - sand white - and red and blue as well. I'm considering also getting a third color.Would you buy the same shoe in 3 different colors or do you think I'm getting a bit overboard? I honestly don't NEED any shoes - I just want them. 

Also, if someone has red shoes - do you find you wear them much ? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Would you buy 3 pair of the same shoe?

Glad you found closed toed shoes you like.  It dont matter how many you get.  If you like them, wear them, then go for it.

As far as red shoes, I am on the hunt for just the right pair and I will wear them every chance I get which will be a lot.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I would, and have. When I was working and had to wear skirts/suits, I had a hard time finding pumps that were both comfortable and fashionable. When I found something that worked for me, I often bought it in multiple colors. I've also purchased the same running shoe in different colors. If you like them, get them. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

yes, i have actually purchased more than three of the same shoes in different colors or patterns. if i love the look and the fit and i know i will use them often then i have no problem doing that.

LOVE red shoes......my favorite  look for red shoes is an all black outfit. i dont know if i wear them "very much" but i definitely have several pair of red shoes for different times of the year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes!  It's hard for me to find shoes I love so absolutely I would buy a couple pairs.  They wear out and you'll need them eventually.    

I will tell you concerning red shoes, I have a pair I love but I find I rarely wear them because it doesn't match my wardrobe much.  You may want to inventory what you wear most and see if a red shoe goes with.   

Trusted Contributor

ABSOLUTELY...YES.

Honored Contributor

When I find a shoe that fits well, is comfortable and is in a look I like I will buy 3 pairs or more.  You had said you were looking for a closed toe sandal so I would say go for it because you may not find anything like them again.  I do have several pairs of red shoes including athletic and since I wear jeans and usually neutral color tops just about all the time I get a lot of wear out of them. 

Respected Contributor

@151949 ... I would go for them if I liked them and they were not a real trendy style. I tend to like classic styles. I have several pair of the same jeans and cords just in different colors.

I remember once that Suzanne Somers was on one of the shopping channels. She said that she had purchased something like 10 pairs of shoes in the same style and color as she liked them so much.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

If they are comfortable and you feel good wearing them then yes get as many pair as you wish!...why not?!

Honored Contributor

Would  you believe I have close to 100 pair of Birkenstock.  Most of them are some form of sandals.

So, if you're like me and have terrible back problems, you'll buy lots of whatever helps make it possible for you to walk.

Short answer "yes"!