Valued Contributor

Like many of you, I have a lot of shoes.  I wear each pair at some point during the year. I recently noticed that it's actually hard for me to wear out a pair.  What about you?

Honored Contributor

I wear out my favorite walking shoes in just a year or maybe a little longer. Walking/athletic shoes should be replaced when they wear out. My hiking boots wear out on the treads mostly and I have those retreaded at a shoe repair place here in town. Those hiking boots are not the disposable kind, too expensive to just replace them when just the bottoms wear out. 

Honored Contributor

Years ago when I wore heels a lot I was always wearing down the heels.  They use to have cobbler shops and I would take my heels in and have them repaired.  I guess I wal hard I don't  know, but I wear down tenny shoes at heel also lol

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@pprmntstx   Agree.  I have what I think are very wearable shoes but hesitate to donate them because they are more than "lightly used."  Hate throwing them out.

I also do not have clothes that "wear out" which is why I find why some people think it important to have clothes that "last forever" and pay a premium for them--JMHO!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I pretty much only wear tennis shoes so when they get ratty looking I throw them out.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a lot of shoes.  They get worn down but I make them last.  Sometimes the soles need a partial- or full-replacement. Sometimes heels need to be replaced, especially since I'm flat-footed (heels are worn more on their outside edges).  Leather uppers are usually perfectly good, which makes me want to save the shoe.

Valued Contributor

Shoes, my downfall.  No way do I wear them out.  About a year ago I decided if I purchased a new pair (or more ) of shoes I had to rid myself of the same number.  So far I have stuck to it.

Respected Contributor

I don't play tennis so I don't have any tennis shoes. (Just being goofy, please don't take offense). ❤️   But I do have more sneakers than I need.  I am good about not keeping things for too long, but not when it is about sneakers, shoes, boots.  I have a 'keep them just in case ' issue, even though I don't wear them anymore.

Regular Contributor

I am an admitted shoe hoarder.  I haven't worn out a pair of shoes since I was a child.

Honored Contributor

I donate shoes when worn....easy, when I think of our homeless doing without.