Respected Contributor

Wondered which design school Katy Perry attended.

[ Edited ]

I had to turn off the show, if only graphic surgery is being shown on every other channel I would watch the surgery.  Wow.

BTW, I wondered which school of design Katy Perry attended that taught her the skills necessary to design shoes;  this is what I found:

https://www.inquisitr.com/1405192/katy-perry-goes...
Aug 11, 2014 ·

Katy Perry Goes From High School Dropout To Education Benefactor. 

Katy Perry dropped out of high school during her freshman year after a series of family moves and quasi-Christian schools left her educationally stunted, but now the pop star is giving back so others can have a great education.

Wonderful that she's helping others.  I know other celebs call themselves designers when they probably just design the logo.  

Joan Rivers often stated she used her personal items that were very expensive, done by famous designers as the model for pieces in her line of jewelry and clothes.  At least she was honest! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Wondered which design school Maty Perry attended.

I'd  say "educationally stunted" is a good description. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Wondered which design school Katy Perry attended.

The Kitty Kat School of Design.  Cat Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

Katy Perry dressed like a chandelier and like a hamburger at the Met Gala. I'd say her design skills are nil when it comes to shoes and I think she's just licensed her name to a shoe company. I doubt she has any imput into the actual shoe design at all.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the show.  It was fun to watch.  Nice to see a show where neither the vendor nor the host took themselves seriously.

If I were still able to wear heels ... I probably would have bought a pair!. 

Respected Contributor

I had to turn off the show for a whole host of reasons.  Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Katy Perry shoes are licensed to Global Brands Group. You probably recognize them as they are the company that was spun off by Li & Fung. QVC has had a long vendor relationship with both Li & Fung and Global Brands Group.

Edited to add:

Li & Fung made those B. Makowsky handbags, Kathy Van Zeeland handbags, and Tignanello handbags.

Li & Fung's spinoff company the Global Brands Group I think make  the bags and shoes for the Isaac Mizrahi brand sold on QVC and the Aimee Kestenberg bags sold on QVC as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they also make the G.I.L.I. handbags too - QVC's private label line.

Valued Contributor

Pupwhipped, very clever!  

Trusted Contributor

It was unbearable for me to watch.

It's one thing to be bubbly and vivacious.  This was too much.

Honored Contributor

It's common practice for companies to brand their products to celebraties for their name.  Some take a more active interest than others in the designs, etc.