Honored Contributor

I was up on Fifth Ave and Madson Ave earlier (doctor's appt) .... warm sunny day ... a lot of people out on lunch break.

I saw quite a few women (age guess mid 20s-30s) wearing wide leg crop pants and sandals with a wide ankle strap.   I don't think the two together are a good look.  The straps make the ankles look very thick.  I didn't see any older (40+) women wearing sandals.

I was surprised at the number of women wearing pantyhose!  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Wide ankle strap sandals

Even if they bring back pantyhose I will not wear them again.  Been there done that!  I like the ankle straps, not real sure about the wide ones.  I havent seen anyone wearing the wide straps yet.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

I wouldn’t even know where to buy a pair of pant hose

Honored Contributor

It's surprizing that so many had on panty hose.  WOW!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a pair of wide ankle strap sandals in my cart. Not worried how they will look as my ankles are slim.

I haven't worn pantyhose in over 20 years and have no intention of ever wearing them again. They are torture devices in a hot climate.

No women "over 40" wearing sandals? Very odd.

Regular Contributor

I like sandals with the wide ankle strap, but one of my ankles swells up so much at times that I avoid any ankle straps. OTOH, I was just taking with a coworker who just turned 30 (I'm in my early 60s).  She told me that she prefers the wide ankle strap style because her ankles swell, too.  

Beats me, LOL!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA, you aren't saying that you saw women in crops and sandals wearing pantyhose, are you?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3

No - bare legs with the crops and sandals.  I didn't see any sandal weares with hose,   The hose wearers were wearing closed shoes.

(Actually - wearing sandals on NYC sidewalks can be a bit dangerous ... you never know what you'll step on/in or what will step on you!.)

The things you see on the "sidewalks of New York"  ...

Yesterday (Friday) as I was walking home from the dentist, one younger woman (early 20s) I was walking behind for a couple of blocks, was wearing cutoff jean shorts (very short), black high top sneakers with black socks almost up to her kneew, blue tank top and well worn or distressed jean jacket that had the sleeves cut off (you could see the ranggy edge).  There were some sorts of embroidery on the jacket but I didn't want to get too close so I couldn't make out what the embroidery was.  She had her hair up in what I call the "door knob on the head look"  aka top knot.  (ETA:  It was in the vicinity of Baruch College... she could have well been a student.)

I was out for a while this afternoon (Saturday) ... woman (40-ish) on the bus with a very attractive skirt/top ... wearing pumps and pantyhose.  

Again - today - 

Esteemed Contributor

I find that wide ankle straps can be most uncomfortable if it hits my ankle bone and literally rubs it the wrong way. Also narrow ankle straps that are like shoelaces are no better when they are supposed to hold in the foot to the shoe but does a poor job so your foot slides around or your heel won't stay put.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can find any look on the streets of NYC....meaningless

Personally I find wide leg crops unflattering

Pantyhose a throwback to the girdle era

wide strap sandals can be cute, depending on who is wearing them....

if they please you....then wear and enjoy, it is just personal preference.