Respected Contributor

Why does QVC ignore an entire group when they sell shoes?

I wear narrow width shoes and they are rarely seen on QVC.  There are medium, wide, and now, wide wide shoes being sold, but hard to find narrow.  Sometimes Clarks will offer one or two pair in a two hour show.  Why?  C'mon, wide-wide?  Give us slender footed women consideration! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Why does QVC ignore an entire group when they sell shoes?

If there was sufficent demand, they would carry narrows.  They know their customer base.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apparently having narrow feet is a curse and makes you a freak of nature.  There was a time when you could walk into any shoe store and get narrow shoes from AA, AAA, AAAA widths.  I don't think QVC has a lot of control.  I think it goes back to the manufacturers.  The only shoe I can find with narrow widths is Naturalizer and maybe a couple of other brands.  Unfortunately, they aren't always the most stylish.  When I find a style I like and they have narrow widths, I usually purchase them in a couple of colors.  You would think at my age my feet would have gotten wider, but nope.

Honored Contributor

I have narrow feet.  If I cannot find any narrow shoes, I go to Plan B & wear a medium w/o any issues.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic  Back in the '60s and '70s, I lived in Houston.  I wore a AA back then and there was only one store in town where i could find shoes.  There was no Internet but I shopped Massey's Catalog.  Now days, with the Internet, there are many more sources for narrow shoe widths, but I fortunately have graduated to a B width.  Manufacturers can make any size for which the have orders.  I frequently see name-brand shoes featured on Zulily which come in Narrows.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@this is my nic I agree! I must wear narrow shoes. In fact, most “narrow”shoes are too wide for me. Munro is the only brand that is consistently narrow enough for my feet. 

Esteemed Contributor

Until I hit 40, I wore a AA or AAA shoe.  Even at that time, many shoe stores did not carry narrows.  I was lucky because the farmers' market had a shoe store that carried great shoes in narrow sizes.  Now, I wear a medium width and it makes it much easier to buy shoes.  QVC generally buys in sizes that will sell, just like regular shoe stores.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I have narrow feet.  If I cannot find any narrow shoes, I go to Plan B & wear a medium w/o any issues.

I sure wish I could.  I have tried but it just doesn't work.  I have a very narrow foot, and a very, very narrow heel, and a high arch.  Finding shoes that fit and are comfortable an adventure. 

Honored Contributor

My BEST size is 9 1/2 A/C. Not holding my breath. (Think Daisy Duck’s feet).

Honored Contributor

Try shoesdotcom.  They offer narrows.  And they have promotion codes on their website an and Mr Rebates, etc.  Once you get on their email list, you'll get even better promo codes.