Valued Contributor

Re: Why do Sue Clifton and the hosts insist on...

On 8/6/2014 stevieb said:

The easy fix would be for them to truthfully say this is the only place you can get the coin purse in so many colors to match the bag. End of problem... I don't really know what they think all these claims about the exclusivity of a kiss lock purse accomplish in the first place.

Well, to follow Q4u's logic, technically, they are talking about the "kiss lock purse", and the product they sell elsewhere is called a "large frame purse" - 2 different things, see?? {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Regular Contributor

I agree that Sue and the host tell outright lies on air about how special the bags that come to QVC are.

But, what erks me the most about this brand is that they truly believe these handbags are worth $300 dollars and up!, and the host telling us out in retail to add a "one" in front of the price (LOL). I have well made bags that cost way less that last so long I get tired of carrying them.

They never listen to customers who, continuously tell them that the STRAP drop is too short and the belt-thin strap doesn't support the weight of the bag. Extra charges seem to be added to the price if you get outside pockets on the darn bag, and the bags are just too heavy!

I just returned my last Dooney to QVC and will never order another one here, so I see no point in watching Sue and the host stretch the truth again.

These bags are not that special. These so- called extra's we don't need or want, add to the cost of the bag anyway and the shipping charges are way too much. I have entire orders with multiple items ship for less than one darn 2lbs.12oz Dooney bag from many different shopping sites.

Honored Contributor

I agree. I'd rather have them forego the 'extras' and offer a truly nice bag at a truly special price once in a while, instead of the made for Q versions of rather standard issue bags...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Aren't we lucky we have so many choices of brands and places to shop. That way everyone can get what they want, where they want it. Buy on Q, don't buy on Q, buy Dooney, don't buy Dooney.... it's your choice. Personally I think Dooney makes some very good quality handbags. As for where to buy.... well, that depends, but I'm always looking for the best price. Others find the easy pay and return policies important.

And no, I don't buy into the hype regarding the extras, but I know that some ladies want matching accessories. And they are costly and not that easy to find. As for colors, I see them first on Q, and that tempts me sometimes.

I reward myself for waiting for sales by buying more! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

I watched two Dooney & Bourke shows over the weekend. This is the first time that Sue Clifton and the hosts did not say the kiss lock coin purse that comes with the Dooney & Bourke Leather Hobo with Logo Lock is not sold separately anywhere. Perhaps they finally read all the threads and posts on this issue. It can certainly be found on the Dooney and ILoveDooney websites.

Super Contributor

Any QVC host that lies or participates in lying is permanently on my DO NOT EVER WATCH LIST.

I will not be insulted in that manner in my own home by someone trying to increase sales to put money in their own pocket.

I'm delighted to add Miss Bauer to my list, she's never been my favorite person anyway.

New Contributor

its her eyes and mannerisms