Esteemed Contributor

Why do Sue Clifton and the hosts insist on...

....blatantly lying about some of the Dooney products? I watched a Dooney and Bourke show this past Sunday. Sue Clifton and .. I believe it was Jill... said the the new suede hobo was only available on QVC and was not even on the Dooney website. I checked the Dooney website and not only is the bag available but there are more colors offered. They once again said the the kiss lock coin purse that comes with the Dooney & Bourke Leather Hobo with Logo Lock is not sold separately; that Peter Dooney refuses to sell it separately; and can only be purchased with the handbag. Also not true. The coin purse can be found on both www.dooney.com and ILoveDonney.com. It is called a Large Framed Purse. It sells for $58.00 on the Dooney website and I have seen it for $45.00 on I Love Dooney. By lying about these two items ( and who knows what else they are lying about) they are loosing all credibility. And making me less and less likely to ever purchase a Dooney bag from the Q.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why do Sue Clifton and the hosts insist on...

I will NEVER buy another Dooney from QVC.

There are better prices just about everywhere else...and the TSVs are poorly made vs. the bags in B&M stores.

I just went through my bags and ruthlessly edited out everything I don't use. I just noticed the Dooneys I kept were from the Dooney website (12 Days of Christmas Sales). The ones I donated to Goodwill were all QVC products.

Super Contributor

I agree with you. I suppose Sue can "only say so much, and certainly not correct the show hosts." It just makes them look dumb, at least to me. Of course they are there to make sure Dooney sells on QVC.This is Peter's main outlet. I don't buy the TSV's, either. When I can buy direct from Dooney, no tax or shipping, why would I pay extra for a drummed down purchase? There are so many that love the TSV's, and I applauded the choice, after all a bag is "what works for the individual."
Valued Contributor

Yes, this topic was discussed in 10 other threads already....

I keep seeing some comments about no tax charged if you buy from D&B website. How is that possible? I am being charged the tax on each site....

Contributor

On 7/16/2014 tough_kitty said:

I keep seeing some comments about no tax charged if you buy from D&B website. How is that possible? I am being charged the tax on each site....

Most companies only charge tax if they maintain a brick and mortar presence in your state. When I ordered from Dooney.com, I didn't pay tax.
Esteemed Contributor

Most viewers are not savy shoppers & believe what the hosts & vendors sell them. Some internet sites I pay tax, some I do not depending on the state you live in.

Honored Contributor

Sales tax is negotiated on a state-by-state level. It used to be based soley on a brick & mortar presence, but now there are other things in play. Texas, for example, has negotiated a sales tax system with Amazon, so I started paying sales tax there before many people. Texas has no state income tax, so they really worked to get that tax from Amazon.

Valued Contributor

On 7/16/2014 StillPooh said:

Most companies only charge tax if they maintain a brick and mortar presence in your state. When I ordered from Dooney.com, I didn't pay tax.

Well, yeah, I get the general rule...but I thought if QVC charges you sales tax, so should dooney.com??? Unless based on what you said, QVC has stores in your state?

Honored Contributor

On 7/16/2014 StillPooh said:

Well, yeah, I get the general rule...but I thought if QVC charges you sales tax, so should dooney.com??? Unless based on what you said, QVC has stores in your state?

From what I understand, QVC does have a presence in each state because of a tour they made several years ago. I believe it was called the 50-50 tour.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

The worst move Dooney ever made was to discontinue their own Easy Pay plan... To this day, I will always wonder if their having done so had anything to do with their relationship with QVC... As long as they had it, even just for specific bags, there was really little reason not to buy directly from them, even though I seem to recall they always limited it to three payments.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...