Honored Contributor

I live in the woods, that means grass, mud, and a gravel driveway to walk on.  So what do I have to choose from in new casual shoes?  White, white,  and more white soles.  Occasionally a line will come out with one dark sole and it quickly sells out. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Why all the white soles?

I totally agree.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan either.  It is always an easy pass for me.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

It's an easy fix on casual shoes.  Just get a bottle of black shoe dye and "paint" around the sole and heel.  

You might have to touch up occasionally .... but an easy inexpensive fix.

Honored Contributor

Or easier still - I just don't buy white soles. I do not like the look, especially with shoes that have dark tops.

Esteemed Contributor

White soles on shoes are in right now. I see them everywhere. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I live in the woods, that means grass, mud, and a gravel driveway to walk on.  So what do I have to choose from in new casual shoes?  White, white,  and more white soles.  Occasionally a line will come out with one dark sole and it quickly sells out. 

I agree.  I often do not buy shoes I want due to the white soles.  As soon as they get dirty, they look terrible.  I am not going to spend my nights trying to clean them up either.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The white soles are a dealbreaker for me no matter how much I may otherwise like the shoe style.  I don't mind white soles on clean-cut no frills white Keds (sneakers), but other than than I prefer something darker. 

Frequent Contributor

I like the look with a thin white sole, especially for spring or summer .

Respected Contributor

I don't like them either.  Have a pair of Clarks I bought last year with white soles.  Didn't realize they would require maintenance until I had worn them a bit.  Let's face it, we walk on dirty surfaces and then the shoes get dirty.  White bottoms become grey etc.  and I don't want to spend time cleaning the sides much less the bottoms.  So passing this year.