Honored Contributor

Why Can't the Hosts Tell The Weight of the Shoes EVERY Time they show them?

Actually right now I'm watching HSN show Steven Madden shoes.

They are way worse than QVC about telling the weight of the shoes.  At least SOMETIMES the QVC representative will say if the shoe is heavy or light.

On HSN I never hear them talk about the weight of the shoe.  I'm looking at shoes that I love but the white rubber is very wide.  

I was just asked if I wanted to talk on air and I said "No" because it's not like my recent on air talk with Shawn on QVC.  I might not keep these shoes and I was thinking what would I said, "Well, I might not keep them if they're too heavy....how heavy are they?"  Ha!  

Actually, it happens all of the time on HSN.  I get asked to talk and then I wait and wait and .......(then they move on to another item....never talking.  It's not worth the frustration of sitting on the phone so long for nothing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Can't the Hosts Tell The Weight of the Shoes EVERY Time they show them?

Probably because you have no basis for comparison so knowing a pair of shoes weighs 1lb 12oz doesn't really mean much.  You still don't know if it's heavy or light.  Your first question would then be, but I "yeah,  but is it heavy or light". Usually if a shoe is very light like Skechers, they will mention it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I agree....I call it 'selective information'.  If it benefits them they'll talk about how 'light' they are.  If they're heavy they just don't mention it.

I've heard Jane (during one of her shows) comment every now and then say it's heavy but that's maybe once during several shoe shows and even then the powers that be probably don't like it.

I just assume they're heavy when they have all of that rubber around the shoe.

Same thing with the purses.  They should tell how heavy it is with each purse.  Antonella usually gives lots of information on purses.  Other than that....forget it.

The reason I mention these things is this is "supposed" to be the reason people WANT to buy things from QVC, HSN, EVINE versus Amazon, etc.  Supposedly you get to see it used, moved around, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66,My guess is they will say "light" but never say "heavy" and kill sales.Smiley Happy  

Hug!

QVC Customer Care