Honored Contributor

Re: Why Can't QVC Add Birkenstock?

@kivah  Yes I did!  I mentioned that in my first post.  I said I only found one pair that were decorated and they only had very small sizes.

I wish you could see some of the one's I have.  If you watched QVC back a few years ago then you'll remember some of them.

They are beautiful.  Colorful, flowers, etc.  I love deciding which one's I want to wear.

I have some that are like Mary Jane's, Clogs, just a lot of designs.  I have some that are clogs and are felt, suede, I think one time I counted all of them and there were around 90 some pair.

I keep saying I'm going to count them again but I'm just too lazy!  Ha!

The only one's I remember that are alike are the one's that are like the American Flag.  But I have the real one's from a long time ago.  Then QVC had them again and I bought the second pair but they're a little bit different.

I remember seeing a picture of Paul McCartney wearing the same pair of them.  (The flag one's).

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 

You beat me - I only have around 30 pairs - several from the QVC years ago. I have the Mary Janes -- leather, faux leather, suede. I have many 2-straps - wide and narrow. All different colors. I love my Birkenstocks/Birkies. 

Contributor

I see the HSN sister channel has Birkenstock.  I was wondering the same thing as you!  Why can’t QVC bring back the Birkenstock line?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Two new ones at Nordstrom-

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono I love the silky color of those.  I'm not real fond of the thick(er) strap though.  I just think it looks a little old fashioned.

I have a few with the thicker strap.  In fact the Americana (red/white/blue) Birkenstocks I have, remember, I have 2 pair of the same one's.  One has the thicker strap like the one's you showed.

The other shoe is a little thinner (in the strap).  I don't know if you saw my post a way back but I bought the second one because I loved my old one's so much and was worried something would happen to them.

I'd also just seen a picture of Paul McCartney wearing the exact same one's.  I wear them some but boy do I love those old ones.

You can tell I've worn them a lot in the past because remember how the part that touches your foot gets the imprint of your foot and darkens?  Well, that's the way those are.

So my friend came over on Saturday but she ended up doing things outside (planting, etc) so I didn't get a chance to figure out how to post pictures.

I'm so proud of my Birkenstock shoes (not proud in a bragging way, just maybe happy would be a better word).  I keep saying, "Get a handle on this Annabelle.  You're acting nuts".  Ha!

I just wish I had more places to go so I could wear them out more.

But sometimes I think it's good I can't post pictures because I overdo everything in my life and you guys would get so freaking sick of me (some probably already are)......

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @BirkiLady  and all....do you guys think if we keep this post going QVC will get the message and start offering Birkenstocks?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  No. It wasn't QVC's choice to stop carrying the line. It was the other way around. Birkenstock pulled out of their business dealings with QVC. There is NO WAY Birks will ever do business here again. Read the entire thread. You've obviously missed the point. 

As far as "keeping this thread going"? You are beating a dead horse, Annabelle. It's not going to happen ever. Let the thread die a natural death! Buy your Birks from Dillards or Birkenstock.com or any number of reputable places like the rest of us. Smiley Very Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady  None of those places have the beautiful Birkenstock shoes like I bought from QVC.

There are very few with flowers, etc.  Whatever.  Perhaps one day they will be collector's shoes.  Ha!

Anyway, I sure don't need anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   Nordstrom and JJill carry Birkenstock.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  I went to that website.  Obviously many of you don't remember or notice the amazing designs and styles of Birkenstock and Birki's QVC used to sell.  They were obviously one of a kind.

The only thing I saw 'close' to what I have (many) of were a few that were made/sold for 'kids' as the website said.

I was going to have my friend show me how to post some of the pictures of these shoes I talk about but she spent most of her time here setting up a phone system (she's limited on time spent).  

After setting up the phone system (and one day later) I hate the thing and will have her change back next time she comes (once a week).

THAT's the life of crazy Annabelle!  I'll just give away the new phone system as I HATE it.

@ECBG Do you know how to post pictures?  I send you pictures all of the time.  Is there a way you know how to post them on the QVC forum?  I thought I sent you some of the tubs of Birkenstock I have.  Just amazing prints and colors, etc.