Honored Contributor

Re: Why Can't QVC Add Birkenstock?

I just went over and looked.  I saw one that had flowers on it and they just had 3 small sizes.

People were complaining that the straps were not leather so they didn't conform to their feet like the way REAL Birkenstocks do.

I have some that aren't leather but most are leather straps.

I even have some that are made for walking in water like at the beach (all rubber).

If my friend comes over this weekend maybe she can show me how to post pictures so some of you can see the amazing Birkenstocks and Birki's that I have.  They ALL came from QVC.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

That reminds me of an old song, "Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby", LOL!

No, I don't shop at HSN at all, even though I've shopped with QVC for 25 years.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

many of the birkenstocks do NOT have leather.......they are birko flor or birkibuc materials. they look and feel like leather, but they are not leather. that material has been around for years.

you can check out the descriptions on the birkenstock website OR on the hsn website.

hsn USED to carry only the BETULAS, which were a part of the birkenstock company, but not the birkenstock styles. i loved them.......they worked for me, had such great prints, and were less than the traditional birkenstocks/birkis/papillios/tatami sub brands.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Something happened with the relationship between QVC and Birkenstock that can't be fixed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Maybe you should post this in the suggestion forum.   I’ve never worn this brand, but my daughter and nephew do.  Since QVC seems to be courting the younger customers...maybe they’ll bring them back one day. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Birkenstock ceased doing business with QVC . . . not the other way around. Birkenstock wasn't pleased with the demands of QVC. Birkenstock felt they were loosing control of their brand . . . and they were! While I enjoyed the many different styles, it was too many too fast for the quality of Birkenstock to maintain at too low of pricing. They wouldn't settle for anything less and severed ties. If QVC had been content with Birkenstock's styles (and possibly a few additional ones made just for QVC), we could still be buying them. It was a matter of greed. Customers were buying them like crazy and QVC loved it and kept demanding more and more from Birkenstock. They walked out.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Sally Combs was the vendor for Birkenstock.  I bought several pairs back then and I still own and wear many of them.  Good quality.  Now of course Sally Combs is the vendor for Earth brands.  I liked her.  I trusted her.  So, early in their QVC life I purchased Earth brands.  Mistake.  Quality not there. Fit not there.  Disappointed!

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  Birkenstock ceased doing business with QVC . . . not the other way around. Birkenstock wasn't pleased with the demands of QVC. Birkenstock felt they were loosing control of their brand . . . and they were! While I enjoyed the many different styles, it was too many too fast for the quality of Birkenstock to maintain at too low of pricing. They wouldn't settle for anything less and severed ties. If QVC had been content with Birkenstock's styles (and possibly a few additional ones made just for QVC), we could still be buying them. It was a matter of greed. Customers were buying them like crazy and QVC loved it and kept demanding more and more from Birkenstock. They walked out.

also read the company wanted more control over how and where their product was sold.  this was possibly 10+ years ago,  

QVC does like to wring everything they can out of a brand though

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45  I tried a Betula pair from HSN years ago. Their were horrible in comparison to Birkenstock's and were returned the next day. Never again will I purchase any kind of Birkenstock's from HSN. I now understand they only carry the narrow widths at HSN, but fail to mention that detail on air. Let the buyer beware! I enjoy purchasing from my local Dillard's or Footloose and Fancy Boutique for any Birkenstock needs. Either place carries the Arizona in the original footbed and that is my favorite sandal. I also wear Hefflinger's during the winter, which is similar to Birk's.

Would like to see Birkenstock carry additional styles in the original footbed!! Not a fan of the soft footbed at all. Once a devoted Birki lover, always an original footbed lover. Been wearing them since 1968. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Have u checked Birkenstockusa dot com????