Honored Contributor

Re: Who in the right mind spends $130.00 on sandals? Really? QVC has gotten way to expensive for me.

@Ms tyrion2 

This is O/T, but is the Earth brand rep the same as the Birkenstock rep that used to be on QVC? For some reason I recall the Birkenstock rep’s name was Sally.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Re: Who in the right mind spends $130.00 on sandals? Really? QVC has gotten way to expensive for me.

@SurferWife wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 

This is O/T, but is the Earth brand rep the same as the Birkenstock rep that used to be on QVC? For some reason I recall the Birkenstock rep’s name was Sally.

@SurferWife 

Yep. Same person. Sally Combs. I never bought Birks but I loved to watch her then and I enjoy her with Earth now.

Valued Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@sunnygirl 007 wrote:

Earth is the worst. Check on line or Walmart . 

Maybe Earth is the worst for you, but not for me.

They fit me perfectly and last a long time.

I learned a long time ago that buying cheap shoes was throwing my money away. They never fit correctly and didn't wear well.

Enjoy your Walmart shoes. You can have my share of them. 

I love Earth too. I have multiple pairs of Earth boots and they are so comfortable, I wear them all day while running errands. 

Trusted Contributor

If you want quality construction that lasts, you have to pay for it. But it's just like anything else, shop around for the best price.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

I don't want to spend tons of money on shoes, but having size 13 W feet which 99.99% of stores (and shopping channels) won't carry unless I get men's shoes that look unisex, the places that do have those sizes always want $60 and up for them, unless they're running special sales or offer them on end of season clearance. Gone are the days of going into Payless so if I want decent shoes for my Sasquatch feet, I have to pay Sasquatch prices. And I can't go barefoot all the time.

People will pay what they want and/or pay because they need and it's the only option. Nothing crazy about that. 

Respected Contributor

My Father always said, "That he would rather have one good quality shoe than a dozen cheap ones.

Trusted Contributor

My parents always felt that you can skimp on a lot of things, but the 2 things that you should always buy the best that you can afford are shoes and food. Food because that is your fuel and shoes because cheap shoes cause foot problems. So according to the O. P., I must not be in my right mind because I definitely would spend that much on a comfortable, supportive, fashionable pair of sandals.

Respected Contributor

Being the child of a dad who was in the retail business, shoes have always been a high priority in our family.  No cheap shoes.  It is always better to have quality vs. quantity in our household and still holds true for me and my family today.   Love shoes.

Trusted Contributor

When I worked in retail and would be standing on a hard floor for 6+ hours on Sundays, you better believe I would spend more than $130 for a pair of good, comfortable shoes.  

Call me crazy.Woman Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

I never thought I would spend $60 or $70 dollars on a pair of casual sandals either but last year I spent more than $50 U.S. on a pair of Skecher Delite sandals and this year I just spent over $70 CDN on a pair of Fitflop Lottie sandals. I've been dealing with foot pain, achilles tendonitis on one ankle and so I need cushy sandals that fit me well. I can't do cheap shoes anymore.