Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who in the right mind spends $130.00 on sandals? Really? QVC has gotten way to expensive for me.

@QVCkitty1 So agree about pushing easy pay.  It's not them having to look at credit card statement month after month and still seeing that $15 - $40 payment - month after month.............but it does get their product sold and out the door.  Thankful my ez-pay screen shows - Nothing - zip - zero owed.

Valued Contributor

Re: Who in the right mind spends $130.00 on sandals? Really? QVC has gotten way to expensive for me.

There are many customers who don't use Easy Pay. I buy a lot from the Q and I can't remember the last time I used Easy Pay. It's nice to know it's available and I know it helps those who are on a tighter budget. Keep in mind, finances could change and we might be one of the customers needing to use it some day. 

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@QVCkitty1 So agree about pushing easy pay.  It's not them having to look at credit card statement month after month and still seeing that $15 - $40 payment - month after month.............but it does get their product sold and out the door.  Thankful my ez-pay screen shows - Nothing - zip - zero owed.

@fthunt @I get why people use it, but instead of a once in a while promotion, it seems to come every other day. Then they use it to promote their Q card. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Starliteshine 

@Starliteshine wrote:

Me and I think I am in the right mind, LOL

I don't mind paying for quality or a design I really love. 

Great post! So do I and I am in my right mind too! I spend whatever I want if it is something I like/need, wears well, and don't think it is anyone's business how much I spend on anything I own.

Honored Contributor

@Starliteshine wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

They feature expensive items and then push easy pay, it seems to be their business model.

My definition of expensive may differ from your definition of expensive. It's a good thing that the Q has a wide variety of prices for every budget. 

@Starliteshine , here is the difference, and I’m speaking only for me, if I’m purchasing a higher ticket item, it is not from .Q.V.C. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@nomless 

@nomless wrote:

@sunnygirl 007 

Those who need a sandal with good support will happily pay that or more to get sandals that are comfy. 

More than 25 years ago I bought 2 pair of Birkenstocks for $120 per pair (i think-might have been more). $240 total. They still look and feel like new. I love them, so comfy. Coat over 25 years works out to less than $5 per pair per year. I consider that a great bargain!

Love my Birkenstocks! Have two that have lasted so many years. Still look great, feel great, and have more than paid for themselves many times over.

I feel the same way about Uggs. Mine have lasted and lasted. Still look great!

Honored Contributor

Seems like it frequently happens that the first-time posters like to start threads where they feel there will be some controversy or disagreement. Think this is one of them.

Respected Contributor

Me!  When I find shoes, sandals included, that are narrow in width, comfortable and well made I gladly pay $130.00! 

I have several pairs of shoes in that price range and higher that I purchased for trips to Ireland and Italy (3x).  They took a beating and still look and feel good.  I know I can get another couple of trips out of them. 

Valued Contributor

@Starliteshine wrote:

Me and I think I am in the right mind, LOL

I don't mind paying for quality or a design I really love. 

Ditto.

Respected Contributor

Not sure where my right mind is, but I've had it a long time, so I listen to it most times.  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~