Respected Contributor

Re: Who in the right mind spends $130.00 on sandals? Really? QVC has gotten way to expensive for me.

I do.  I have multiple pairs of Mephisto Helen sandals that I've collected over the years in various colors.  I still have & wear the 1st pair I ever bought about 15 years ago & paid $125 for them at the Bellevue Square Nordstrom when I lived up in WA.  I now live in AZ & our sandal season is long & these sandals feel like they're custom made for my feet.  If my feet are hurting, I'll wear a pair of Helens & they stop hurting.  The arch support is perfect for me right out of the box.  I've tried Vionic & Birkentocks & the arch support is all wrong for my feet.  Mephisto Helens are now about $149 a pair I think & worth every penny to me.

Valued Contributor

Re: Who in the right mind spends $130.00 on sandals? Really? QVC has gotten way to expensive for me.

I would never think of spending more than $40 on a pair of sandals then I had toe surgery. Stepping into a pair of Birks was a revelation, like walking on a cloud and I've never looked back. I now live in my $130 Birks. 

Frequent Contributor

I learned a long time ago that I save little when I buy cheap sandals that give me blisters and other foot problems. Would rather pay $100 on a good pair I love than buy 4 that are $25 that don’t last the season, but the scars on my feet stick around for years!
Trusted Contributor

As far as I can see,the prices are horrible on all shoes.who can afford shoes for 200 or more dollars.Skechers or Clark’s are within reason for me.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Some of the responses have gotten out of control! Why is everyone so thin skinned.  If it's not relating to you move on.

I'm pretty sure it was a comment, not intending to throw shade at those who can and will pay over $130.00 for a good pair of sandals.

No need to insult or be offended by someone's comments.  Good grief Whew!

I worked a famous Italian shoe designer, who's shoes and sandals started at $600.00.

I got a 50% discount and could not substantiate paying $300.00 for a pair of thong flat sandals with a decorative satin bow and leather souls! The shoes were beautiful but not practical.

So, it’s all relative. 😉

Valued Contributor

I have done it 2-3 times and I really LIKED them, tho!

My DH was so Cute, too...he said to me, "Is that for Both

Feet?"   I cracked up!Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

I have 2 pairs of Mephisto sandals. Love them. Thinking of buying another pair this summer. $150. It’s called comfort. 

Honored Contributor

I do not like cheap shoes and will pay over 100 for them if I like them. My personal limit is 200, but that be would be for boots. I would rather wear my old shoes, boots and sandals than buy cheaper new stuff.

Contributor

I would and I have....and I have paid even more than the $130. If I like it, I buy it.

Valued Contributor

@aubnwa01 I have 2 pairs of Helen. They’re at least 3 years old. My friend told me you can send them in to Mephesto and they will “overhaul” them. She has done it and it’s like getting a new pair of shoes. I think the cost is around $70-75. I think it would be worth it.