Honored Contributor

Re: Who in the right mind spends $130.00 on sandals? Really? QVC has gotten way to expensive for me.

I learned a long time ago not to skimp on your feet or a warm winter coat.  I would prefer not to spend $130 on a pair of sandals, but if they fit well and didn't hurt my feet and were well made, I would not hesitate.

i have sandals ( Birkenstocks) that are over 20 years old and still going strong.  What a bargain!

Valued Contributor

Re: Who in the right mind spends $130.00 on sandals? Really? QVC has gotten way to expensive for me.

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

They feature expensive items and then push easy pay, it seems to be their business model.

My definition of expensive may differ from your definition of expensive. It's a good thing that the Q has a wide variety of prices for every budget. 

@Starliteshine , here is the difference, and I’m speaking only for me, if I’m purchasing a higher ticket item, it is not from .Q.V.C. 

@QVCkitty1 I don't consider $130 sandals a high ticket item. 

@Starliteshine @Oh for the love of heaven, this whole thread has devolved into nonsense , a silly I can afford more than you snark fest. 

@QVCkitty1 No, I think you are reading way too much into this. Just because I don't agree with you and said I don't consider $130 a high ticket item, I am boasting and a snarkfest???!!!!! I didn't jump on your bandwagon and critize others. Interesting how your tried to turn this around and quickly took on the victim role. It's not your place to decide what is affordable or at what price point people should buy. QVC has a wide variety of products and price points for a reason. 

@Starliteshine , We will have to disagree to disagree on the tone if this discussion.  I find your remarks extremely unpleasant, and I’m finished with this. Have a lovely evening. 

@QVCkitty1  I find your remarks equally unpleasant and that's okay! We all have different opinions but I would NEVER criticize or judge others for making a purchase. Live and let live. 

Valued Contributor

Apparently I’m not in my right mind because I’ve spent that much on shoes.  Maybe I need intervention. I love shoes, I work hard and can afford it. So, who cares?

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Esteemed Contributor

@sunnygirl 007  I have no problem paying that amount for shoes that I will wear often and that are comfortable.  Everyone has a limit as to what they will pay for anything.  Good shoes are something that I will pay for.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I quit buying cheap shoes many years ago.    I'd rather have 2-3 pair of good $100 shoes than a closet full of cheap-o shoes that are bad for my feet.

I wear sandals probably 9-10 months out of the year.

Honored Contributor

I have no problem paying that much for a shoe or sandal if it's something I really want.  

Respected Contributor

Someone who has foot trouble——diabetes neuropathy

etc. Your post is insulting to me. I buy only SAS shoes and sandals because I have to. Last I checked I think I’m in my right mind.

Honored Contributor

@sunnygirl 007 wrote:

It’s not whining about . It’s whats presented in front of you that they think is ok . I have money to spend but just got a little more careful about what to get. I used to buy a lot from QVC till it got to expensive. Even the hosts are so phony just trying to sell you things. 

I only purchase from the Linea and Martha Stewart line as I feel the quality is excellent. The other things I still will purchase are the croissants and My Grandma's coffeecakes as I think they are very good. 

Respected Contributor

@sunnygirl 007 wrote:

Earth is the worst. Check on line or Walmart . 

Maybe Earth is the worst for you, but not for me.

They fit me perfectly and last a long time.

I learned a long time ago that buying cheap shoes was throwing my money away. They never fit correctly and didn't wear well.

Enjoy your Walmart shoes. You can have my share of them. 

Honored Contributor

I don't purchase from QVC, so I don't know whether this thread was supposed to be only about them. If so, it wasn't clear.

In my experience, good sandals are expensive. I've paid more than $130. Even though I've had four successful foot surgeries, I still need to be very fussy about fit. Plus, I live in a year-roung temperate climate, so sandals are very important.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland