Occasional Contributor

Re: Who in the right mind spends $130.00 on sandals? Really? QVC has gotten way to expensive for me.

It’s not whining about . It’s whats presented in front of you that they think is ok . I have money to spend but just got a little more careful about what to get. I used to buy a lot from QVC till it got to expensive. Even the hosts are so phony just trying to sell you things. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Who in the right mind spends $130.00 on sandals? Really? QVC has gotten way to expensive for me.

Just purchased 3 pair Dansko Sandles and one pair shoes at Walking Co, average price per pair was $140. I have feet issues, entire life and buy well made, comfy shoes and these were all that and cute!  I still work, and can afford them. Who cares?!

Occasional Contributor

Earth is the worst. Check on line or Walmart . 

Valued Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

They feature expensive items and then push easy pay, it seems to be their business model.

My definition of expensive may differ from your definition of expensive. It's a good thing that the Q has a wide variety of prices for every budget. 

@Starliteshine , here is the difference, and I’m speaking only for me, if I’m purchasing a higher ticket item, it is not from .Q.V.C. 

@QVCkitty1 I don't consider $130 sandals a high ticket item. 

Honored Contributor

@Starliteshine wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

They feature expensive items and then push easy pay, it seems to be their business model.

My definition of expensive may differ from your definition of expensive. It's a good thing that the Q has a wide variety of prices for every budget. 

@Starliteshine , here is the difference, and I’m speaking only for me, if I’m purchasing a higher ticket item, it is not from .Q.V.C. 

@Starliteshine @Oh for the love of heaven, this whole thread has devolved into nonsense , a silly I can afford more than you snark fest. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I learned a long time ago not to question what or how much others choose to spend their money on.

It's not my money.

YES, INDEED @KingstonsMom!  QVC has many customers with very different shopping tastes/habits/budgets & they know what sells. For some women $130 is nothing, but for others it’s too much to spend on shoes. Why is that so hard for some to comprehend? I guess some think QVC is only supposed to have Walmart prices. Good grief.

Well said, @SurferWife

Honored Contributor

Then there's the fact that it's not what you spend on a pair of shoes, it's about how much you wear them and how many pairs you buy.

My mom bought inexpensive/cheap shoes and had tons of them.  She spent a lot on shoes she never wore.  So, you can't factor something like that on price.  It's wear per pair and how much they add to your wardrobe that determines cost. 

Honored Contributor

I would if I really really really liked them ... but not those!  Don't like them.

Everybody and their brother is making that style!

Valued Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Starliteshine @Oh for the love of heaven, this whole thread has devolved into nonsense , a silly I can afford more than you snark fest. 

@QVCkitty1 No, I think you are reading way too much into this. Just because I don't agree with you and said I don't consider $130 a high ticket item, I am boasting and a snarkfest???!!!!! I didn't jump on your bandwagon and critize others. Interesting how your tried to turn this around and quickly took on the victim role. It's not your place to decide what is affordable or at what price point people should buy. QVC has a wide variety of products and price points for a reason. 

Honored Contributor

@Starliteshine wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 No, I think you are reading way too much into this. Just because I don't agree with you and said I don't consider $130 a high ticket item, I am boasting and a snarkfest???!!!!! I didn't jump on your bandwagon and critize others. Interesting how your tried to turn this around and quickly took on the victim role. It's not your place to decide what is affordable or at what price point people should buy. QVC has a wide variety of products and price points for a reason. 

@Starliteshine , We will have to disagree to disagree on the tone if this discussion.  I find your remarks extremely unpleasant, and I’m finished with this. Have a lovely evening. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan