Super Contributor

White soles on fall/winter shoes

This style seems really popular right now. I am not a fan
Honored Contributor

Re: White soles on fall/winter shoes

I like the white better than thick, ugly black soles.  Nothing will kill the exuberance of a pretty red shoe quicker than a thick black sole. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I think any thick rubber sole ruins a shoe of any color, The thick white soles just make the shoe a sneaker. I am not a fan of the look.

Respected Contributor

I will be so glad when the style of thick soles on shoes goes away.  IMO they ruin the look of the shoe.  I need a black casual boat/loafer shoe and every one I see has thick soles now.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't like the white soles on dark colored shoes.  Saves me money.  I refuse the buy them.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan of those at all...

Respected Contributor

@gellen   Popular or not I don't like the look and won't purchase a shoe with type of sole.  

I'm sure a new fad will replace it at some point.  I'll stick to the more classic styles I prefer in shoes and right now I have a good selection avaailable in my closet.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

A white sole on a dark sneaker does not bother me at all. I don't want white soles on my other shoes. On those I prefer a sole that blends in with the shoe color. I don't like the thick lug soles trending recently either. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Making white soles saves money at the manufacturing level. Basically all rubber is white or tan and it's dyed to whatever color(s). That step of dying costs more money and labor which are things not readily available in today's economy. White soles are cheaper than colored soles and involves less labor to make.

Honored Contributor

I don't like that look.  Thick white sneaker soles are on everything now.   I've noticed thick lug soles on winter shoes and boots.  I don't like that either.