Respected Contributor

White silicone watch strap yellowing

I probably should have asked this question earlier in the season because I'm getting ready to put my white watch away but has anyone experienced yellowing of a white silicone watch strap and, if so, have you been successful in getting it white again? This strap has yellowed evenly (it doesn't look dirty, just more "ivory") and is now in sharp contrast to the optic white watch case! Any suggestions?
Honored Contributor

Re: White silicone watch strap yellowing

The first time I wore one of my silicone strap watches, I got indigo dye from my jeans on it. I have quite an arsenal of stain removers and nothing, but nothing would remove that stain. If the lugs where the strap is attached is straight across, you can easily get a strap on eBay for about $15., either silicone or leather with quick change pins. You do have to know the size in millimeters...I'd ask a jeweler to measure it and take the old strap off.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion, Kachina. Smile I actually went to Kohl's looking for a new strap and didn't find one but I had $10 to spend there, so I just bought another white watch! It was on sale for $17.99 from $29.99 so I only ended up spending $7.99 plus tax for a whole new watch! This one has a faux leather strap so I don't think I'll have any issues keeping it clean. I think silicone straps are great, just not white ones!Wink

Respected Contributor

It's very hard to remove dye or makeup from white rubber or silicone. A lot of these straps are proprietary.

Yellow staining is probably perspiration. To extend the life of your watch, after each wearing you have to rinse with cold water. Every so often you scrub them with white toothpaste and a brush. Sometimes you get lucky with a solution of peroxide and water. A lot of work. That's why I only own two white watches and they are leather. Other than that, your best bet is white ceramic.

Esteemed Contributor

Yup, white silicone on anything is hard to keep clean. ever notice how dirty looking Braun electric toothbrush handles get? They have silicone wrapped handles to prevent slippage.
Honored Contributor

Call CS. Bet they ask you to send in for a refund!

Honored Contributor

This discussion makes me love my Isaac white ceramic all the more. It's his first one for QVC and my all-time favorite summer watch ever since I got it.

Honored Contributor

I wear my white Isaac ceramic pretty much year around, depending upon my outfit.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I've been watching Isaac's presentations on his ceramic watches and am definitely interested. I haven't decided on a color yet although I know I wouldn't have a yellowing problem if I chose white! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I have an Isaac ceramic and I have 5 or 6 of this watch, 3 with diamonds. IMO this is by far the superior watch. It has a sapphire crystal which is almost unheard of in a less expensive watch. I think it's so much prettier with the Roman Numerals, and the mother of pearl in Swiss Legend watches is spectacular. It's a little larger than the Isaac watch and looks much more expensive.

photo 579d8c0a-1631-4058-bdce-a64b944902e5.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment