Honored Contributor

Do you think these are as good as Birkies?

Trusted Contributor

In my experience, NO.  If you don't have any foot issues, they might work out. 

Valued Contributor

The buckle on the underneath part isn't covered so it digs into the top of your foot.

Frequent Contributor

I was just watching the presentation and they do look so much like Birkies.   But i noticed no 'toebar' so i imagine the footbed isn't like Birkies.   

Honored Contributor

I have this same style, bought elsewhere, in brown.  I disagree with the comment that the bottom of the buckle is not covered.

So, I bought Birkies many years ago and the originals did not have the toe bar.  I wore the dickens out of them until the sole started falling apart.  I will say I wear mine with socks because my feet are always cold.  They're almost always dark socks with jeans.  I wear them mostly around the house since driving a stick with that type of shoe isn't really safe.

When I went to replace my Birkies I found the new ones with the toe bar, but as soon as I put them on my feet, it hurt my foot.  Can't wear the ones with the toe bars.  So, I finally found some faux Birkies without the toe bar and haven't looked back. I'm currently wearing Madden Girl camo colored, but I also bought the White Mountain Helga's at the same time thinking maybe the Madden Girl's wouldn't last that long so I got them as backups. 

I'm still wearing the Madden Girls.  The toe area of the White Mountain is a bit roomier than the Madden Girl, but the uppers are real leather.  So, IMO, they're better than Birkies because they don't hurt my feet.  If you want the toe bar, then you'll probably want the Birkies.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954  I haven't tried these particular shoes, but in the past I've had good a good experience with white mountain.

Respected Contributor

I like the comfort of White Mountain shoes & a pair of Baretrap boots. I have not tryed the shoes shown so I can't compare to my sandle Birks.