Honored Contributor

Re: Which dooney are carrying for the week or today?

On 10/26/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 10/26/2014 stevieb said:
On 10/26/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 10/25/2014 ivyshop said:
On 10/25/2014 stevieb said:

Sorry, not using Dooney right now... But as for that domed buckle, really REALLY want it in Bordeaux!

Can you tell us which bag are you carrying just curious. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Sure, right now I'm carrying a bone satchel from Isabella Fiore. I'll be switching it out later today if I decide to leave the house. No idea what I'll change into...

What do you mean, you have no idea??? How about your brand new GILI hobo in croco???

Didn't head out today anyway... I'll see what the weather holds. Not carrying a new bag out in the rain and we've had a good bit of it lately, though the weekend has been lovely... Besides, there are several newbies around awaiting a test drive...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Several newbies, huh? Sounds like you buy them more often than you have time to try them out Smiley Wink

The buying goes in fits and starts... I'll be good for a while and then let loose... So you see, this is why I try not to buy... I have them stockpiled from way back, some unused. Another reason why the chestnut will be my only GILI hobo purchase. I might not even watch the show later!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

Good evening:

I am currently carrying the Cabriolet tote in Claret that I snagged on clearance here on the Q. I own way too many bags but always come back to my Dooneys.

Have a good week ahead everyone

Super Contributor

On 10/26/2014 funwun said: I haven't been carrying a Dooney either within the last week...this weekend found me with my Kelsi Dagger black leather Mackenzie Satchel...I really love this bag! I'm anticipating the GILI TSV tonight ...I definitely want to see it presented, it seems really beautiful!!

Hey Fun! I just picked up a Kelsi satchel yesterday, black suede trimmed in black leather. It just caught my eye and would NOT let go... Very different looking. No idea of the bag's name but just loved it on sight and at a great price...

Hi Stevie! Yes, I happen to gravitate toward KD bags and seem to find them reasonably priced at TJMAXX and Marshalls. They had a short stint here at the Q, however, they never seemed to garner any popularity with the Q audience. They were a bit overpriced and the bags offered weren't the best of her line in my opinion. I own three and can definitely categorize them as "go tos"... A big deal with the quantity I'm dealing with in my handbag wardrobe lol!!! In any case, I wanted to ask your thoughts on using the Croco Fino in the rain...I'm very hesitant but the leather seems impermeable...do you or would you use yours in inclement weather??...
Honored Contributor

Hi Fun, yes, I've become somewhat a fan of KD... The one I nabbed yesterday was from Marshall's... And, as usual, much better pricing than here. Odd that so many of us want to see more bag variety (among other things...) here on Q, but when they do introduce a new line, they don't seem to take off. Of course, I can't remember seeing a KD show in prime time and if there was one, that was probably all there was, one..., since they seem wedded to presenting the same few brands...

As for the Croco Fino... I'd not hesitate to wear it in inclement weather, though I would't subject it to a deluge... A little water won't hurt it, and probably a good soaking would't either, but I wouldn't want to chance it...

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi Fun, yes, I've become somewhat a fan of KD... The one I nabbed yesterday was from Marshall's... And, as usual, much better pricing than here. Odd that so many of us want to see more bag variety (among other things...) here on Q, but when they do introduce a new line, they don't seem to take off. Of course, I can't remember seeing a KD show in prime time and if there was one, that was probably all there was, one..., since they seem wedded to presenting the same few brands...

As for the Croco Fino... I'd not hesitate to wear it in inclement weather, though I would't subject it to a deluge... A little water won't hurt it, and probably a good soaking would't either, but I wouldn't want to chance it...

Thanks so much!! I've been watching the TSV presentation and am so disappointed the grey ostrich sold out before I had a chance to even see it Smiley Sad((...then I was trying to figure out the color of the handle on the ivory ostrich ( brown or black...I think it's brown )... I had to laugh that I was getting stressed trying to decipher the specs on these bags lol!!
Contributor

I'm carrying the Florentine Pocket Crossbody (not featured on QVC.)

If you have trouble finding the style/color you want try just ordering from www.dooney.com. They have a full stock of almost everything in every color and don't charge shipping!

Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 funwun said:

Thanks so much!! I've been watching the TSV presentation and am so disappointed the grey ostrich sold out before I had a chance to even see it Smiley Sad((...then I was trying to figure out the color of the handle on the ivory ostrich ( brown or black...I think it's brown )... I had to laugh that I was getting stressed trying to decipher the specs on these bags lol!!

I was sort of annoyed too at not being able to see the grey option. I mean it's fine if they want to preview all these things on FB, and I did take advantage of it, especially since I seem never to get the advance emails anymore, but they should have ensured they had at least a few to sell during the show so they could at least present it!

Moreover, you shouldn't have had to work to glean the details of the bag because they should be presented front and center! I think Lisa was at least ten or so minutes into her 'presentation' before a caller finally asked her to show the inside of the bag... I have always like Lisa and am sorry to see her go, but this over-the-top, hyped up, just too cute persona is wearing thin. Of course, she's not the only one to use it, as it seems they've all been instructed to go out there and act completely hyped up... It's fine to personalize the presentations to some reasonable extent, but at least thoroughly show us what you want us to buy, for heaven's sake!