Honored Contributor

Where is the the "Ryka Girl"?

I haven't seen the Ryka girl (Layoni) sp.  in a long time.  Am I missing all of the presentations or are they among the many shoe brands that are no longer presented?

I watch a lot of QVC (background noise).  Maybe I missed the presentations.....has anyone seen the shoes on the air recently?  I'm curious.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where is the the "Ryka Girl"?

@Annabellethecat66, I did notice that their inventory is limited. 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate Yes!  I know what you mean.  I was looking at the shoes and noticed not much Ryka was there.

Good grief!  Pretty soon they should just call it "The Clark Shoe Store".  Ugh!  I don't hate Clarks.  I mostly wear Birkenstock shoes (bad back), but I do keep buying shoes.

It would be nice to have a choice.  I once counted my Birkenstock shoes and I had around 100 pair of them.  They were all bought on QVC.  You can't buy the color and designs I bought from QVC anywhere else.  It makes me sick that they stopped selling them.  

I can't understand why they keep deleting brands, not just of shoes but other things.  I know it all has to do with the bottom line and I also know QVC manufacturers their own stuff (clothes, shoes, etc).  But come on QVC this is getting stupid!

I don't shop a lot on HSN but I watch them.  At least they have a variety of clothes and items.

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Every once in awhile in the last month, she has been in Carolyn's closet. 

I like Ryka, but the last pair fit oddly. Maybe they're out and Skechers has taken their place. (I've bought a pair here, then a couple in a Skechers store here, and they are all different sizes! I definitely have to try on before I buy.)

Trusted Contributor

another brand i am done with here. they don't restock popular well liked styles.  and they never offer a supportive style for running/walking.   so dissapointed in the "new" qvc as i have been shopping here since the CVN days. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think Sketchers has taken over that category. I just learned a little while ago that Ryka was sold to another corporation. Once that happens the it usually takes a year before we see that brand again. The last pair of Ryka's that I purchased were a bit of a disappointed in the sizing and comfort. I'm hit and miss iwth Sketchers. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the response.  I buy different brands but in the end I wear my Birkenstock just because they seem to 'work' for my back.

I just noticed I'd not seen a presentation in quite awhile.  I am just all for variety and it seems like QVC takes a few brands and constantly shows them.  I've noticed there aren't as many Vivonic (sp) shoe presentations.  I can't wear those shoes because I only pronate in on one foot.  I order them and send them back.

Again, thanks for the comments.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66,  It could be the end of their relationship with QVC.  I am not sure how all that goes but it seems vendors are signed on for a certain period and expected to appear so many times and then finally it ends.  Remember Bruce and his handbags and his wife?  They were on the all the time.  Sometimes a few end up staying on.  Look at Stan Herman, and other clothes designers that are no longer with the Q at all.  I guess it's the nature of the beast.  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Rykas quality went downhill --- I have at least 10 pairs of their shoes and love them. The last pair I bought a few years ago - I had to send back - so bad!!!! 

If u check their shoes on-line, mostly bad reviews.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66,  It could be the end of their relationship with QVC.  I am not sure how all that goes but it seems vendors are signed on for a certain period and expected to appear so many times and then finally it ends.  Remember Bruce and his handbags and his wife?  They were on the all the time.  Sometimes a few end up staying on.  Look at Stan Herman, and other clothes designers that are no longer with the Q at all.  I guess it's the nature of the beast.  

Stan Herman is still on but his quality has declined as well.   Despite my emails and postings he does not bring back the 100% cotton robes which built his following on Q.